GUYS PLZ HELP ME ASAP!!

What video card and drivers are you using ? Do you have a Prefs file in the CMBB directory ? If so, delete it. When you initially launch CM it will go through a resolution selection process. Depending on your monitor and how it is configured in Windows, the resolution and refresh rate that are first tried may be higher than what your monitor can actually support.

If you have a GeForce card, I'd suggest turning off FSAA for now ('manually' off, or 'application controlled...'). The 40.xx series has some problems with FSAA and one of the issues I believe occurs during the resolution selection process, but I'm not sure.

Another problem I've seen with Geforce4 MX cards is FSAA only works in 4x mode. One another machine with a Geforce4 MX 420 I tried setting FSAA back to 2x and no splash screen, no menu, nothing. I could hit Alt+Q to exit back to the desktop. I tried deleting the Prefs file and it still would load.

When I set FSAA back to 4x, the game loaded fine (even without deleting the Prefs file).

Anyway, if you are running a Geforce4 card, you might want to check your FSAA setting and either disable it or set it to 4x.

Keith

hey guys thanks for the tips! i cant fint the PREF file any where in the folder, btw i have the demo. my pc hardware are : Pentium 4 CPU 1600MHz 1.62 GHz 200 MB of RAM my graphic card is Gefore 2. i havnt had any probs wit any games b4 at all. i play many games like gta3 , global ops and so on. i havnt got any probs so can some 1 tell me wats up wit this? and how i can turn off my FSSA

If you never get to any screens in CM then a Pref file will probably never get generated.

To change the FSAA setting for your card go to Control Panels > Display control panel > Settings tab > Advanced... button > in here there should be a 'GeForce2..' tab > Additional Properties button > 3D Antialiasing Settings tab > the default is typically 'Allow applications to control the antialiasing mode'. For CM (and most other games) this means that FSAA is OFF. You can also select the 'Manually select the antialiasing mode' and select OFF under that. Or you can select 4X FSAA, which works too.

Thank you soo much guys for all your help but i cant find the GF 2 tab anywhere in control panel! that is weird. soo what u think i should do now? i just tried it .... i go in and hear music then when i click my mouse it comes out or sometimes says " this games at least needs a 800X680 res. wtf??

Originally posted by Wally's World:

Schrullenhaft:

Just to let you know that I'm running the CMBB demo with the 40.71 drivers (with Win98) with my GeForce4 MX420 card with full anti-aliasing on and it runs perfect. No problems at all. I wonder if anyone else uses the 40.71 drivers.

Thanks for the tip. Same here. Running Windows Me and the 40.72 beta drivers with a Ti4600. MUCH better image quality than with the 30.82 drivers to boot.

Keith