New CMBB Scenarios available at Boots & Tracks!

Just got the new game in my grubby hands today, but had a last hurrah (for now) at CMBO last night. Downloaded Old Hickory & played it as the Germans. I've never been a fan of hedgerows for some reason, but this one has such a great map.

I especially took advantage of the gullys near the town... Overall one of my faves & a fitting temporary requim to CMBO.

I'm afraid I might not appreciate the steppes now! Oh well I'll make it through somehow..

I'm not sure if it's in the new game yet, but ive been reading some on the "Stalin Line" outside of Leningrad. The book "The Russian Front" by Carruthers & Erickson has some great descriptions of the fortifications around Krasnoguardeysk (pgs 22-25) Would make an interesting Operation, yet it relys on tank ditches (as well as swamps). Would you all be able to simulate tank ditches?

Thanks for all your hard work there at boots & tracks. I really appreciate all the research y'all do...

mister stalingrd

Originally posted by stalingrd:

I'm not sure if it's in the new game yet, but ive been reading some on the "Stalin Line" outside of Leningrad. The book "The Russian Front" by Carruthers & Erickson has some great descriptions of the fortifications around Krasnoguardeysk (pgs 22-25) Would make an interesting Operation, yet it relys on tank ditches (as well as swamps). Would you all be able to simulate tank ditches?

mister stalingrd

Wouldn't the new trenches suffice for tank ditches? According to the manual, the bog risk increases beaucoup when crossing a trench. Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...