Request Explanation - Is This A Bug?

Just finished a TCP/IP with Treeburst - my Sherman 105 has 3 guns listed as killed in his stats screen, but Treeburst only had two 20mm guns on inventory. The final AAR lists 2 guns knocked out, but the Sherman is credited with 3.

I know that not all kills are confirmed, but I wasn't aware that the Kill tally by unit was capable of inflating the scores, also - or did it?

Is this a genuine bug? I have to believe this has been discussed before - can someone enlighten me?

Will post the screenshots if that is of any use to anyone.

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

Recoilless rifle or mis-IDed mortar?

hmm hmm pondering what it could be...

care to send me the result file?

I can send you my three screenshots....is there a result file stored someplace? We didn't save the game. Which email address are you using these days?

If its a TCP/IP, the last autosave.cmb, the one after you klick "ok" (instead of "map") and go back to the CMBO main screen, is an autosave that allows passwordless inspection of the final battlefield forever. If you didn't play TCP/IP since then, you can copy that and keep it. Very useful to show things to people. Both computer have that.

[ April 06, 2002, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Originally posted by redwolf:

If its a TCP/IP, the last autosave.cmb, the one after you klick "ok" (instead of "map") and go back to the CMBO main screen, is an autosave that allows passwordless inspection of the final battlefield forever. If you didn't play TCP/IP since then, you can copy that and keep it. Very useful to show things to people. Both computer have that.

I vaguely remembered reading about that before, but obvoiusly forgot. Thanks very much for the tip, I am going to go copy that file now!

Mike

Wow, a quadruple post! What's next, a running Bren tripod team alongside a squad with an organic flamethrower?

Bruce, I remember that file you showed me. I couldn't make any sense out of it, although I remember that it did feature some knocked out 2" mortars- maybe they were mis-ID'd like M Hofbauer said. Who knows?