Radius of effect for TRP (direct-fire)?

Hi,

I am pretty busy and can't do throughout testing, so my hope is anyone else already tested this:

I verified that the TRPs increase hit probablity of anti-armor shots. The radius of effect around the TRP is at least the outer circle drawn by the TRP.

However, I am unsure what the maximum radius is. I did some hasty testing and 20m out didn't seem to work anymore. 20m radius (not diameter) is the limit of effect for indirect fire, so maybe the direct fire radius is smaller? On the other hand, this was crappy testing and in actual games I have seen a lot of first-shot scores around TRPs, far more than 20m away fro a TRP center.

So, anyone knows for sure?

Holien,

actually my question is triggered by ciks in the Nordic Wannabee tournament playoffs, but don't tell him :D For you I have that Jagdpanther battalion.

Seriously, it is most relevant for the ongoing discussion about that 700 points defense on a small map. The map is narrow enough that it is realistic to cover many attack approches with TRPs, if the radius is big enough.

[ June 18, 2002, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]