The Newbie Tournaments IV

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More results from the SuperNewbies:

Witko (German, 51) and YankeeDog (US, 49) played to a draw in The Crucible. This was not enough for Witko to oertake YankeeDog's lead from the first leg of the Group Finals Round.

So, YankeeDog wins the SuperNewbies Group with an overall score of 109-88 and advances to the Newbie Final Four!

Congratulations to YankeeDog!

[ July 30, 2002, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

Congrats Yankeedog!

Thank you very much, sir. The last scenario was very touch and go for me, and I don't think I would have been able to pull of a draw of it except for the fact that I knew that Witko had to be aggressive as he had a 23 point deficit from Breaking Through to make up. As a result, once I got into trouble, I was able to hunker down and basically play for the tie. Without this advantage, Witko probably would have beaten me by a greater score (though probably not the 23 points he needed).

I've been having a great time in the tourney and I'm glad I'll have a chance to play a few more of ST's great scenarios.

I am presently working on my AAR for Breaking Through. This AAR has become quite involved (pics, etc.) as it's going to be posted on Military Gamer Online. I'll post here when it goes up. Eventually, more AARs (though probably not quite so involved as the one for MGO) will follow.

Best of luck to those of you still fighting it out.

Cheers,

YD