Two things I hope are fixed in CMBB

Two things I hope are fixed in CMBB:

1. Consistent LOS to the second story of buildings. I don't know why this is, but if there's someone sticking his head out a window on the second story of a building, I can shoot him -- If he's not there, I can't target the second story of a building. Highly annoying, and something that has irked me the two years I have played this game.

2. Flag location bugs in QBs. I just played a "meeting engagement" where the two objective flags were clearly 3/4 of the way across the map, on my opponent's side. The result -- I end up making an attack against equal force, a good recipie for disaster. Can you now preview the map ahead of time in QBs?

Anyone who has the game and cares to respond on whether these issues have been fixed, the posts are greatly appreciated smile.gif

Also, let me temper my post by saying that everything else has been great with the game, and that I am greatly looking forward to recieving my copy. This is slightly hypocritical of me, but there have been far too many complaints or fluff on the board lately, and not enough of the in-depth grognard-review type stuff I used to love about this board. Heck, I don't think I've seen a JasonC post in two weeks smile.gif Where are all the grognards at?

Originally posted by Capt. Toleran:

1. Consistent LOS to the second story of buildings. I don't know why this is, but if there's someone sticking his head out a window on the second story of a building, I can shoot him -- If he's not there, I can't target the second story of a building. Highly annoying, and something that has irked me the two years I have played this game.

Also annoying is how troops on ground level can use small arms fire against troops on a bridge high above...Regardless of how far up they are.

Gyrene

Originally posted by Capt. Toleran:

This could just be your technique. You need to find just the right spot to area fire the second floor of a building. I find that often doing it from the lowest overhead view is the best way. Otherwise I often find that I'm trying to target a spot too far into the building, but I can't see that from the lower views.

[ September 23, 2002, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]