MOD KV1 series release

KV-1 series, make a copy of the originals or you can use these as placeholders for when the real MODDERS show up

again the slogans are optional, just delete the 'a' if you want em in there. the KV M41 shares the same textures with the KV-8 and KV-8S flamethrower tanks so theres no slogan accompanied with the turret just the star

thanks to Foxbat and Francesco for providing help on the markings and slogans

well enjoy

kv1.jpg

better get em since theres no mod forum i expect this post to end up on page three in the next hour

KV1

im also revising the T-34s (cleaning em up a bit) thanx to foxbats info :D

i'll add the guard emblem on the revised T34's and from what fox tells me the KV's used a basic 3 digit number for the guards

EDIT: thnx for the pic i found a clearer pic earlier i just didnt know that it was the guards emblem.

[ October 28, 2002, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: MrNoobie ]

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

i'll add the guard emblem on the revised T34's and from what fox tells me the KV's used a basic 3 digit number for the guards

The guards emblem wasn't very common weren't very common on but it did happen (before the war the heavies were considered elite by themselves and during the war they were sent to seperate brigades only a few of which made achieved Guards status).

But I know the 5th Guards Heavy Tank Brigade had a guards emblem (actually they had the guards emblem on one side of the turret, and a normal 3-digit tactical marking on the other.. but I guess that's not possible in CM).

EDIT: thnx for the pic i found a clearer pic earlier i just didnt know that it was the guards emblem.
You may be thinking of the star&flag on the "Stalinets" T-34, but that is actually not the Guards emblem it is the 'order of the Red Banner'.

Visually there isn't much difference except that the flag is mirrored (the red banner waves left-right, whereas the guards emblem has the pole on the right).

Mr Noobie, I have a request.

Can you break out the KV-1 and the T-34s into individual zips so that I can pick and choose which tanks I want.

Some might look at this as stupid but I for one don't want every T34 to look dirty. It would be nice to say, "I love Mr. Noobie's T34 M 41" and be able to just install that one veriant.

TIA

Matt

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

[QB]wait i can put a zip within a zip?

Yes.

But it's best to but ZIPs inside a RAR and then package the whole thing inside a self-extracting ACE file..... or maybe not.

And as far as the naming thing goes (KV1.zip vrs. mrnoobiekv1.zip) I just assumed that MrNoobie is making a bid to take over the modding world... ALL mods are MrNoobie mods, and so the naming convnetions of the pre-noobite era aren't necessary.

Or maybe not.

But it's best to but ZIPs inside a RAR and then package the whole thing inside a self-extracting ACE file
i did the rar thing and found out that certain maccers are unable to open it, so i switched to zip and as for th ACE thing i wouldnt know where to begin with that.

But it's best to but ZIPs inside a RAR and then package the whole thing inside a self-extracting ACE file..... or maybe not.
I was kidding, guys.

And as far as the naming thing goes (KV1.zip vrs. mrnoobiekv1.zip) I just assumed that MrNoobie is making a bid to take over the modding world... ALL mods are MrNoobie mods, and so the naming convnetions of the pre-noobite era aren't necessary.

Again, just kidding.