Light Flaks vs. Heavy Armor

The crews are really freaked out by a steady stream of explosions about a foot away from them coming from an unknown source, and then add immobilization in a fixed-superstructure-vehicle, and you can tell why they bail out eventually.

P.S. You forgot to mention it was from the front, which could be important.

Wasn't this fixed ni the update ? Personally I cannot have a look at it since I'm not on my CM-able computer right now. But, if it isn't fixed then it definately needs fixing. I should think tank crews can tell whether the caliber of the weapon shelling their thick armour was a light 20 mm flak or a heavier, say 76 mm one. You'd think it gives a different kind of "bang" , right ? And, if there's someone pounding your tank, without making penetrations, then I wonder if bailing out into the open was the most likely thing to do ! Even immobilised, the tank provides some form of cover for the crew.

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

[QBAnd, if there's someone pounding your tank, without making penetrations, then I wonder if bailing out into the open was the most likely thing to do ! Even immobilised, the tank provides some form of cover for the crew.[/QB]

This has been discussed before.

Can you imagine the cacophony inside the tank, when it's barraged by a constant stream of ricochets?

If the noise terror alone is not enough to make the crew break, then the knowledge of undivided enemy attention is: the tank might take the shots now, but heavier ordnance could be incoming any second.

I think the effect of the 20 and 25mm FlaK guns on heavy armor is fine.

If it leads to imbalance then it does by its very low price. It leads people to cherry-pick lots of these guns (they do harm when massed), and it leads people to abuse them for unrealistic dangerous tasks like shooting on tanks, because they only cost so very victory points when lost (if lost at all, they are so hard to spot they might survive very long).

20 green 25mm AA guns can really ruin an attacking Panther platoon's day.

Tank hunter teams are dirt cheap, so are panzerfaust teams, doesn't mean it's not fair. You just have to adjust your tactics, if your that worried about it back your tanks up and either area fire the Flaks or call in some arty or air support. Just adjust your tactics, while it does suck to lose a tank to such a small weapon you have to see it from the crews point. Constant barrage of richocets and explosions hammering your tank, and I would expect that as soon as possible the enemy is going to bring some big gun to bear on you to finish the job.