Where are the Mounted Combat in Urban Terrain (MOUT) scenarios? There's only one on the CMBO:SE disc which qualifies as MOUT (the Parisian one), which, while nice, is rather small, map-wise.

I ask again: can anyone recommend some nice MOUT scenarios? I'll get around to trying my own in another year, I think, but for now, I'm still exploring all the nuances of the included scenarios! Unfortunately, it seems that only one can really qualify as urban warfare!

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Cool website Hemi, is that the M4 carbine you are holding? We are getting those at my unit next month. I have only used the full length M-16. What do you think of the M4? Here is a link to some pics my PSG took during AT.

http://photos.yahoo.com/rajr234

While the M-16A2 is a piece of crap compared to the C7, combat experience has shown tht the M-4 is superior to the C8 in that it has a heavier barrel and can be made to fit a grenade launcher.

Not that you were asking me or anything...

NG cavscout, yup thats an M4. The first time I went to qual with it I hated it. I'm 6'3" so the M4 seemed a little small and took some getting used to. In fact the first time at the range I burned the hell outta my left hand becuase I had a brain fart and forgot how short the hand guard is! That aside, the M4 is a great weapon, and it has all kinds of toys. They'll put so much crap on it you'll swear it's a SAW. And to keep this on topic... Its great for MOUT!

Originally posted by BTS Sycophant:

Oops, that's Mounted OPERATIONS in Urban Terrain...teehee!

According to CALL - MOUT = Military Operations on Urbanized Terrain. I'd trust them.

If you have the CMBO - SE disk, there should be a battle called 'To the last man' on it. If it is mine (there is a similarly named one by Bill Wilder), it is a city battle.

Originally posted by BTS Sycophant:

Good grief, can you believe that I was 11M, IV ID ten years ago??? (No, I'm not Pvt. Pyle!) Yes, MOUT is MILITARY OPERATIONS in Urban Terrain!

"To The Last Man"...I'll check it out, I hope it's yours, Andreas! Thanks, all!

You were in 4ID? I was in 2/7 Cav, 1992-1994.