Help!! - Can a map be rotated?

You can't rotate a map but you can do what I did on one of mine: use the landmark feature to label each edge of the map North, South, East, West. It's only a visual thing for the player and has no effect on the game setup.

also you cannot copy a map from an operation to a battle or the other way around.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pak40:

also you cannot copy a map from an operation to a battle or the other way around.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...which was found out by me after spending a few hours carving the beginnings of a would-be operation map, only to find out that I had started it as a battle map! DOH!

I would really appreciate more controls on manipulating maps. Most of all I'd like the possibility to save maps as maps, not as battles or operations. Then I would like the possibility to load a big operation map and crop it into a part of it and make a smaller battle out of it.

And as has been mentioned, it would rock to be able to load custom maps into QB's. But I'll stop pestering and go back to make that operation of mine...

(Edt. for misconceiving)

[This message has been edited by Sergei (edited 09-06-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pak40:

You can't rotate a map but you can do what I did on one of mine: use the landmark feature to label each edge of the map North, South, East, West. It's only a visual thing for the player and has no effect on the game setup.

also you cannot copy a map from an operation to a battle or the other way around.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the suggestion!

grounpounder