M-13 rocket launcher - in CMBB?

Forgive me if this is mentioned elsewhere, but I searched my little heart out and couldn't find any mention of it.

I was watching an episode of "Battlefield" yesterday on the Russian invasion of Manchuria. They highlighted the M-13 rocket battery. I believe it the range listed would place it off-board, but will this be modelled in CMBB?

BTW, this is what I'm talking about:

m-13 rocket launcher

[ February 27, 2002, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Teggy ]

Unless there is something peculiar with this particular model of rocket launcher it will definitely be in. Rockets are already represented in CM:BO and having a East front game without them would be like having a West front games without Shermans. The Katjusja are a defining feature of the popular image of the war in the East.

M.

[ February 27, 2002, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Mattias ]

See, this is where my complete ignorance of much of the war (I'm learning as fast as I can!) comes into play. Thanks for the info.

It would be great if they were modelled on-map and you could see 16 tiny rockets go firing off in quick succession, but I imagine they wouldn't have gotten that close to the action.

I've seen recently footage from siege of Berlin. It showed a Katyusha firing over open sights at buildings. Half the rockets went wild and hit random spots and half slammed into the building. Crazy.

This footage shows also a 280mm Gun fired over open sights at range of some 200m. Talk about "infantry support".

I recently read in "Enemy at the Gates" that Katyusha were set up on the slope of the bank of the Volga opposite Stalingrad so they could fire on enemy troops and tanks. The riverbank gave the truck mounted rockets the slope required to fire straight. WIthout that slope, I don't see how it would be possible to fire these rockets "over open sights"

I also read that a large number of those trucks were lost to the river during this battle.