A question...

I'm sure this has already been asked but I was too lazy to do a search.

Did BTS leave out the Russian Katyusha rocket launcher truck?

It's not a big deal if the rockets are only available through spotters I was just curious if you could purchase the truck itself. I tried to find it but could not and thought it might only be available at a certain timeline in the game.

Thanks in advance.

John

Would be kinda nice to have some heavy arty units to simulate an arty unit getting overrun, but I imagine you could use "lesser" units to some degree.

I'm just thinking of some of the deeper blitzkrieg advances the Germans made early on, and also how some of the first T-34s and KVs the Germans encountered managed to wander pretty deep into the German rear echelon.

I don't know what the stats for a Russian Katyusha rocket launcher truck are but I thought it could be on the map for support just as a Flak truck or support vehicle. I know they are indirect vehicles but so are mortar crew and we use them. From I read the Katyusha rockets in Stalingrad were used across river at night but I think it wouldn't be unrealistic if they were provided in game.

Whatever the case I'm not concerned it wasn't available just wanted to ask if it was.

John

BTS' usual answer to these types of questions is that the minimum range for these weapons is too long to fit on a CM map. The validity of this argument I will leave to the serious artillery grogs among us.

Michael

[ November 01, 2002, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]