Will Dust be like Fog?

TankDawg

Actually, this is good news for those who want to see dust on the Radeon (DirectX - PC). Smoke should usually render fine with the Radeon drivers (though on occasion it can be screwed up by certain Catalyst releases). Just the fog effect will remain unseen on the Radeons.

Admittedly there are occasions (dust storms or long term smoke/dust on the battlefield) where a fog-like effect would be more desirable/convincing, but the dust effect serves a particular tactical function in CMAK and the smoke-like grahpics fit the bill for that.

[ September 18, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Originally posted by André:

This is not good news, but I am still going Radeon in two weeks time.

CMBB/AK cannot look any worse with a Radeon 9600 PRO than it does now with my current setup, a Geforce 2.

Radeon here we come!!

André

Good choice as I've read nothing but good things about that video card.

Ati has Nvidia beat with image quality.

I have a Geforce 4 ti 4400 as a back up video card which i will eventually put in a computer i make out of spare parts when i get enough.

I replaced the Geforce 4 with the Ati 9700 pro and games just look noticeably better on it, especially Combat Mission modded.