Coming Soon to a "Battlefront" Near You

Here is an update for those who have been asking about the battles of the Rumblings of War and the Unbalanced Battles tourneys.

Look for the first three to be released soon at the Scenario Depot.

http://www.dragonlair.net/combatmission/

Admiral Keith has them and I'm only waiting for him to post them. I'm not sure when he is going to do it.

If they don't appear there, look for them soon on the B&T site. We are working on revising and livening up that area very soon.

http://www.militarygameronline.com/combatmission/

The Battles to be Released after these first three are:

Duel at Dompaire (French vs Germany)

Real Guts (USA vs Germany)

Resolve at Ranville (UK Paras vs Germany)

Still to come

We Can't Wait (USA vs Germany)

Sounds in the Night (USA vs Germany)

High Cost Real Estate (Canada vs Germany - Italy)

The Kommerschiedt Crisis (USA vs Germany)

And still later the two scenarios from the Unbalanced Tourney (people are still claiming "foul" and issuing subtle threats over these two - :eek: )

A Meeting of Devils (UK vs Germany - Sicily)

Enough is Enough (USA vs Germany - Tunisia)

So a lot is on the way. CMBO is alive and well and we hope to keep it that way.

As a Rumblings of War veteran, all I can say is --run and get these scenarios. They're intense CM combat at its best--plenty of surprises, challenges and grey hairs for both players.

And much as we Rumblers sometimes complained about imbalances in the scenarios, most of them played out very evenly over twelve games, though with big wins either way in individual games. Resolve at Ranville, in particular, is a real test of tactical skill for either side. But they're all good.

As a tourney organizer with Treeburst155, I thank Wild Bill, the Rumblings of War (RoW) scenario testers as well as the 24 combatants (you were all guinea pigs gentlemen! smile.gif ) for making this one of the most successful tourneys that we have run.

A lot of testing/playing hours as well as re-testing and balancing adjustments have gone into the RoW scenario's. They will be a boon to all CMBO players and can be recommended without reservation. But be careful, players tend to age very quickly while playing these RoW battles! :D

Many thanks again gentlemen,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------

“Yes, and they went down very well too”

-- Duke of Wellington, replying to the observation that the French cavalry had come up very well during the Battle of Waterloo