To the Volga operation question

I have a question that I think i already know the answer to (unfortunately). Will reducing the graphics (ie. resolution, numbers of men in squad, horizon distance etc.) help the system handle the between turns calculations. It is taking me about 50 minutes to complete a turn on a mid to upper range system right now! Don't get me wrong, the operation is unreal and exactly what I was hoping for. It would just be more enjoyable if we didn't have to start the turn before going to bed and view it in the morning. Maybe Berli could answer this question since he made the operation.

I tried to get through it this afternoon and it took me a couple hours just to set up my units.

After the setup, it took nearly 20 minutes for the computer to think and execute the turn.

This on a PIII 1.3Ghz 256MB RAM and a 64 MB video card.

At least we know that once the hardware world catches up, CM:BB will still be able to test the limits.

BDH

I did a fresh windows install for my machine last week before buying CMBB, knowing that the large ops would be resource hogs. I can tell you it works wonders for CMBB.

You should have half the waiting time with a fresh install.

Win ME, AMD Duron 1300, 256 mb ram, G4TI4200 64mb