But its a perception thing

(both his & mine)

When its time to play the movie

"Pause" is Flashing Red

and you must select that to play the movie

When you start the movie

"Play" Flashes Green

and must select that to pause the movie

I think intuitively (or perhaps counter intuitively)

we are expecting the Play button to be sitting there in a non-flashing "push me to play" Green state

then during Movie Play we are expecting the Pause button to be visible/lit up Red for us to pause the movie

Originally posted by jeffsmith:

we are expecting the Play button to be sitting there in a non-flashing "push me to play" Green state

then during Movie Play we are expecting the Pause button to be visible/lit up Red for us to pause the movie

I have to agree. I haven't been able to get used to it with the demo so far. It just seems the wrong way around.

Originally posted by jeffsmith:

I know what he means

I noticed it too

But its a perception thing

It's not just an opinion/perception - it's the way it is always done with any program, such as Media Player, for example. Also, in CMBO it's the other way around (the correct way).

When the movie plays, the button should say "Pause", because that's what you would want to do when you press it. When the movie is not playing, the button should say "Play", because that is what you would want to do when you press it.

Now, getting technical, if it said "Paused" and "Playing", then it would currently be correct, but I don't think that's the intent. I think the intent, quite obviously, is to indicate what the buttons do, which is "Pause", when the movie's playing, and "Play" when the movie is paused.

And I've just typed way too much to convey this simple idea... :)

[ September 29, 2002, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: mobear ]

MoBear,

After Two people, including a member of the design team, state they dont see your point

& then someone goes through the effort to back up your view

(which results in someone else also agreeing with you)

Its not the best course of action to imediately disagree with the person trying to help you

Media Player ?

Since when has Microsoft ever been held up as a standard to be followed for User Interface

I was trying to help you :rolleyes:

[ September 29, 2002, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]