Exiting Units?

I think the key here is that you have to decide to sacrifice some units to cover your withdrawl. Making that decision is harder than in a normal game.

The only other solution is to leapfrog, but I imagine that is very difficult. It requires that you have several complete combined arms teams, even after some losses, and you can lose badly if one of the teams gets overrun.

I only played one exit scenario so far, as the hunter, and my opponent tried to strike hard with most units before I could build up and then ran like hell modulo some Bazookas. But he lost badly, most of his units were hit on the run and the others got to the map edge at a time where I had some infantry in place. My infantry was few, but his men were running and/or tired and were no match and couldn't protect themself or the AFVs.

Originally posted by redwolf:

I can't believe this forum software is too stupid to follow old links into the readonly archives.

you're telling me. it was a big enuf pain in the butt when maddmatt did the 2000 posts, now i got to update the faq for the 2001 posts. arghhh...