Corrupted font with Toshiba laptop

I've had this problem with all versions of CM but CMAK is the worst. I have a Toshiba Satellite 2805. It's a Pentium III with a GeForce2 GO card from Nvidia. My problem is the fonts tend to go all black on me. Like trying to pick a scenario. The fonts go black so I'm trying to read black text over a dark background. I've updated every driver this thing has, even flashed the BIOS. Nothing works. Wonder if anyone has had this and knows of a solution.

Uh... have you tried Alt-Tab'ing out of the game and then re-maximizing it ? If this is the problem that I think it is, then what happens is that 'white' text appears transparent, which on a black background makes it completely invisible. The Alt-Tab'ing forces a refresh of the screen which draws the text in its original color.

Antialiasing in game may corrupt some of the text info, so turning it off ('manually' or 'application controlled...') will usually solve that problem.

I'm not sure what the version history of the GeForce2 Go series is, but using something in the range of 29.xx - 30.xx may completely alleviate this problem. However many people don't want to go back to such drivers (they're about 1 1/4 years old), but for CM they work without problem (at least on the desktop videocards).

As with most OEM video chip manufacturers, you won't see drivers for mobile chips available for download. Most of the manufacturers claim that there are 'too many customizations' to make a generic driver available (and on occasion, they're right).

What you'll need to do is download the 'Detonator 4x.xx INF files' from Guru 3D. On the 5th page (link at the bottom of the list to each individual page) you'll find one of the earliest 40.xx drivers and the 30.82 drivers. I don't know if these 4x.xx INF files will work with the 30.82 or not (most likely not, since there are probably some significant installation differences). The INF files should allow you to use any of the generic drivers (4x.xx series) with your GeForce 2 Go chip.