Opponent Finder is now open at The Proving Grounds

GJK

It's still a beta, but it's functional. You can now create a profile or search for other's that match your criteria for style of play and other parameters.

No personal information is needed from you except a valid email address so that other's can contact you if they find you as a match for them.

Eventually, this will tie into the scenario uploads and will display just those scenario's that have been uploaded to the site and are being tested as a required parameter in your profile or search. Meaning that this is NOT a replacement to the opponent finder forum, or other people's opponent finders, etc. It's a supplement and will be a valuable tool for playtesters to get together on un-polished scenario's.

Comments/questions/suggestions/recommendations welcomed. Report any bugs as well!

Link to the site is in my sig.

GJK

Thanks,

Tonight I need to add a feature that will let you modify your profile once it's been posted.

I also need to fix the display of time if the person filling out the profile selected "Anytime" as the time from/time to available. I just took out that option for now actually.

I think I might need to add a time available week/time available weekend, but with the world in mind, not everybody's weekends are the same smile.gif

I do have the time conversion working though. I just entered my profile. You can search and find me by leaving all the options as default and then just enter your Country (location). It will convert my time available to your time zone and display it.

I'm finding more tweaks, but I'll get to them over the next few days.

Gary,

Is there a way where you can make the opponent finder list everybody based only on their skill level? I tried leaving all of the settings on default and changing the skill selector to veteran, but still couldn't get my own profile to come up.

Also, adding a text field to our profile would be nice.

Thanks!

Btw, site looks nice.

Originally posted by catnip:

Gary,

Is there a way where you can make the opponent finder list everybody based only on their skill level? I tried leaving all of the settings on default and changing the skill selector to veteran, but still couldn't get my own profile to come up.

Also, adding a text field to our profile would be nice.

Thanks!

Btw, site looks nice.

When all is told, each of the columns will be sortable (asc. to desc./desc. to asc.) and you will be able to select which criteria to search on. Right now I having searching all the form fields but will be breaking that down.

By adding a text field, do mean for general comments? I will be adding that so that people can put notes like "remove the extra X from my email address to email me" (in the event someone is nervous about giving out their valid email address.

Still need to add the login feature for it as well, so that you can edit or delete your profile.

Also have a major bug with the timezone calculator as everyone probably noticed. Worked on it late last night and I'm about to get back after it this morning.

Thanks!

GJK