Loading problem

Sorry, I did forget to mention that it is CMBO. It's a pretty big scenario, which I adjusted and played many times before. Before the problems began I changed some minor issues in Parameters. With Norton Utilities I also tried to install earlier versions of the scenario, since I feared the scenario file might have become corrupted or something, but no success. Help would be highly appreciated, since I've put a lot of time and energy in this scenario.

Typically that address suggests an error with DirectX. Does this scenario have a lot of units ? Have you played this scenario on this PC before ? Can you modify the parameters that you've changed back to their original settings to see if this makes a difference (I don't know why it would) ?

Are you using CMBO SE or the standard BTS/BFC 1.12 version ? Do you have a lot of mods loaded up for CMBO ? You may want to try an un-modded CMBO to see if it makes a difference. Have you changed video or audio drivers since you last played this scenario ?

Yes, the scenario has the maximum amount of units.I played it many times on this pc before.I can't change the parameters since I can't edit the scenario anymore. However I did reinstall earlier copies of the scenario (an option with Norton Utilities that I often used), so the old parameters should be restored that way.

I use the standard BTS/BFC 1.12 version. I use CMMOD and do have lots of mods installed. I haven't changed video or audio drivers. Thanks for your attention, Schrullenhaft.

I'm not sure what's going on other than the possibility that you've push the scenario format a little too far in designing it. Are the Norton Backups actually different or do they happen to be the same file (you may have to compare file sizes, CRC check with some sort of utility or some other comparison) ?

Do you recall what parameters you changed ?

Do you have problems with any other scenarios/QBs, editing them or playing them ?

Do you have any programs loaded up in the background ? I suggest turning off everything you can to see if this makes any sort of difference, including anti-virus programs, instant messaging clients, etc.

The Norton files aren't really backups, they are copies of the files before they were changed and saved again. In theory that way I can always turn back changes. The parameters I've changed are the following. I've changed the attacker from Canadian to German and the direction from which they would attack from North to South. That's all. I usually play huge scenarios and even with 200% for one side (which this wasn't) I've never experienced any problem. I will do some tests by closing as many programs as possible, but I doubt whether that will make much difference. Still, it's worth trying, I agree. I will come back with the results tomorrow. Thanks again for your help.