Help! Having CM withdrawls! Mac Graphics errors make game unplayable!

Hello all. I post this question about once every 2 months here, and I have yet to find a fix from Apple, BTS, or the community.

I want to get this fixed once and for all so I can play, its been MONTHS and I do love this game.

So, I'm desperately looking for help with my technical problem.

Ahh, but this topic belongs in the technical support page you say? Well, thats where it is. This is an advertisement to get help to me (I hope the moderator doesn't mind the constructive troll)

PLEASE, any of you fellas who might have an answer to my problem please read the topic and reply here:

Graphics error queestion

I've had some help on these boards before, but never enough that would enable me to fix the problem, and after getting the latest updates and everything last night and STILL having the same ole' troubles, I want to get this fixed once and for all.

Moderator, if you must lock this I understand and apologize for making your life a bit harder, but after 6+ months of no CM, with "patient" waiting not paying off, I trust you can understand my motive. I hope you let this advertisement stay alive just long enough to drum up the necessary help I need that might ordinarily read the technical help page.

Thanks!

Thats incorrect.

I know about the limit in the graphics files (and infact I found a great way around it, put your mods in different graphics files, spread 'em around. The game looks for the bmp number, not which file its in.)

The errors highlighted here occur with a fresh install of CM too, with no Mods at all. Secondly, they only occur with my new computer, my CM setup on my old one was identical mod-wise.

The problem is the NVIDIA 3d card.

Busboy, I have my GeForce2 back in my Mac and these are my stats:

DP G4 533 with 768mb RAM

GeForce2 MX 32 (Stock OEM)

MacOS 9.2.2

Nvidia 2.4 drivers

Open GL 1.2.4

QuickDraw RAVE 1.7.1

All terrain files are modded, most vehicle mods.

Grass textures don't show up as well as with my Radeon, but it looks fine, and now the skies show up.

Gyrene

Sir, would you be able to mail me the "QuickDraw RAVE 1.7.1"

That seems to be the only difference in what I have, hopefully that'll get CM playable for me.

My e-mail is "busboy@integtechnology.com"

If not able to mail it to me, where might I find it? I sumply can't locate individual extensions off the Apple site.

Thanks for the advice all, gonna work on it some more now.

Schroll, I currently have a Microsoft (shudder) wireless mouse, but the errors stll occur with my origional. I also have a joystick, a thrustmaster, a printer, and a scanner on a SCSI connection.

Eureka! I have found it! But I haven't fixed it.

The broken link is the extension "OpenGLMemory". It is 16k big. After hours of extension flipping and experimenting, I found that if I disable this one, the results in CM are:

-Forces CM to run on the lowest resolution.

-Seems to disable openGL all togeather

-Causes a graphics anomoly where the terrain is all yellow. (disabling additional OpenGL extentions causes the yellow to be replaced with static.)

-FIXES text errors.

SO...the problem seems to lie with this one extention, or in how it interacts with the others. Perhaps if others are running ok with this extention, they can send me a copy of theirs and see if that fixes it for me.

Just out of curiosity, is ANYONE running with a similar setup as me that has no problems at all? (from what I'm getting, the black background is a perminant feature)

We're getting there...