Scenario Designer Needs Home..

Okay, unusual post, but bear with me. As many of you may know, I've been designing scenarios/operations for Combat Mission for some time. Also, I have sort of taken the last few months off because, well, of a new addition to my family.

So here's the deal..

I have LOTS and LOTS more scenarios to finish, and lots of historicla research at my disposal. I think it would be beneficial to join some sort of scenario design group. I was briefly affiliated with the dirty 1/2 dozen (Manx), but alas that situation didn't pan out (although it was a great idea, Manx!). So, I'm looking for a group of folks to affiliate and share ideas. I also need a good site to post to. Any suggestions?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I've been out of the loop for a few months.

Respond by email or here...

Thanks

I think Der Kessel is the best scenario design group.

Franko, I enjoy your work! I am currently playing Howl of the Timberwolf PBEM and it is very interesting (although I suspect the No Man's Land setting is set a bit too high).

Anyway, your stuff always seems very well researched, and is usually very enjoyabe to play. Keep up the good work.

Nice to see you back Frank! Sorry things didn't work out as planned at CMs and for the sad demise of that elite band of men known as the "Dirty 1/2 Dozen" -- but as you probably already know, the site is now kaput (what with bandwidth problems and everything). Still, look forward to seeing what you can come up with for the East Front...hope you've been studying hard!

All the best mate.

[ February 06, 2002, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Manx ]

Franko (and anyone else interested) I have been designing scenarios and releasing one about every six months after they are well tested. I have gotten very positive responses on my work from testers and those that have reviewed my work, but I don't know for sure where I rate in the overall group of designers. Up to now I have always made fictional scenarios because I do not have the time to do a lot of research. I think I am good at making maps that offer a variety of options during play as well as balancing sides and gameplay to make the scenarios enjoyable. I also write detailed briefings to get players immersed in their task.

So, what I am saying is that if anyone has research that they want to share in order to produce high quality historically based scenarios, I would be very willing to participate in a team.

I would recommend Der Kessel or the Scenario Depot for hosting as I think these two sites offer the best long term quality and viability for the infrastructure of hosting now that Manx's site is defunct.

Guys,

Boots & Tracks will be back in the game very soon! We are currently in the process of strengthening our team and re-designing our website. We do not intend to "beat" any other site, of which there are several very good ones. Rather, we intend to add another top-notch site to the mix for the benefit of ALL.

Any questions?

Originally posted by SuperTed:

Guys,

Boots & Tracks will be back in the game very soon! We are currently in the process of strengthening our team and re-designing our website. We do not intend to "beat" any other site, of which there are several very good ones. Rather, we intend to add another top-notch site to the mix for the benefit of ALL.

Any questions?

Well said Ted.

I think that for the most part scenario designers don't compete in a racing sense anyway. I think groups like Boots & Tracks inspired many scenario designers, including myself. Its also good to hear that Boots & Tracks is going to make some more, excellent quality scenarios like it has in the past.

Rob

[ February 06, 2002, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Originally posted by Panzerman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperTed:

Guys,

Any questions?

Well said Ted.

I think that for the most part scenario designers don't compete in a racing sense anyway. I think groups like Boots & Tracks inspired many scenario designers, including myself. Its also good to hear that Boots & Tracks is going to make some more, excellent quality scenarios like it has in the past.

Rob</font>