Troops looking cold in those Winter scenarios?--MOD preview

Your pixellated soldiers shall freeze no more: introducing winter uniforms for your '41-'42 German infantry.

winter.jpg

This mod represents the first pattern winter combat suit as issued early in the war. It may not be a greatcoat, but at least your troops won't look so uncomfortable running around in the snow dressed only in their tunics! smile.gif

It actually looks better than in the screenshot, unfortunately the graphics are downsampled thanks to my now-obsolete 32MB Radeon card :mad:

As usual, there are a few details to finish, but I expect to send it to the usual suspects by this weekend.

[ October 03, 2002, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

It actually looks better than in the screenshot, unfortunately the graphics are downsampled thanks to my now-obsolete 32MB Radeon card :mad:

I'm still wondering why only the uniforms are downsampled. any takers on this issue? That just can't be normal, can it? :confused:

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

You weren't joking about that downsampling. Whoa. I thought my iMac G4 was downsampling (which it is) but not as bad as yours.

Great work once again.

Part of the problem with the image is the JPEG compression. What are the specs on the iMac's video card?

What's really disappointed is I had CMBO modded to the brim and never had a problem with my Radeon card.

Juju--there's considerable downsampling on many of the vehicle textures as well. Some look great and some look, well, not so great.

I had noticed the faces didn't downsample when they first showed up in one of the Beta builds. The reason might be that a face downsampled to look like a smudged thumbprint kind'a defeats the purpose of illustrating 15-17 different personality types.