CMAK - Add France as a Region?

There has been some discussion that CMAK will have all the necessities for recreating CMBO scenarios. A BFC'er even mentioned that the hedgerow tiles might make an appearance in CMAK.

CMBB has Regions. North, Central, Finland, etc. Obviously, CMAK will have Regions for Africa, Crete, and Italy.

As an undocumented (or at least unadvertised)feature, how about adding 'France' as a region in-game? That way, our CMBO remake scenarios won't have to be set in Italy.

I believe there was a smaller invasion of the French south coast sometime after the Normandy invasion. Maybe that is a good enough excuse for a French Region in the game?

Originally posted by Runyan99:

I believe there was a smaller invasion of the French south coast sometime after the Normandy invasion. Maybe that is a good enough excuse for a French Region in the game?

You know, south coast of France (Provence, Cote d'Azur...) is very similar to the italian coast ! And Corsica or Sicily too. I'm only talking about this region of the Mediterranean coast, I never visited the Adriatic, but I guess that there are many similarities.

Then, the "French area" in the game interface doesn't really matter tongue.gif

In an other hand, won't it be posible to use CMAK to recreate north european campaign ? The graphical problem (houses, roads, terrains) would be easely solved with appropriate mods. The player would only have to activate/desactivate these mods with a mod manager.

I read, in an other topic that the "Bocage" problem could be solved, using fences and an appropriate ground level. Then, it would be usefull to create some "sets" of mods for Normandy, Germany and so on...

It's just an idea...

I can't see why you couldn't do a 'Champagne Campaign' scenario or two with existing units. You'd just have to spell out in the scenario briefing where that particular road or village is located, and what unit that particular PzIV is from. The only thing you'd have to be careful of is faulty TO&E and that little 'Italy' map icon in the control menu.

You could probably extend the game's reach on the front end as well, cobbling together a scenario documenting the British disaster in Greece in 1940.

[ November 04, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]