SPG and TD Winter mods

Wicky

ukwolvegroup.jpg

usm10group.jpg

UK - Achilles, Wolverine, Sexton & M7 Priest

US - M10*, M7 Priest & M7B1 Priest

(Gordon Molek's M10* GMC in the camouflage and markings of the 894th Tank Destroyer Battlaion at Anzio with added snow.)

Here at CMMODS

That's the M4 chassis done - any requests for what next to snow up...

[ February 10, 2004, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

That's the M4 chassis done - any requests for what next to snow up...
-Wicky

Hell yes! :D US/UK vehicles (HT's, Trucks, jeeps, carriers, et al.); German AFVs and vehicles; Winter white uni's for all!

I may be a modslut, but I'm a GREEDY modslut! :D;)

My favorite battles/ops from CMBO were during the 'Bulge/Nordwind. Without snow and winter whites they just don't have the right "feel".

Normandy/Battle for France battles/ops don't "feel" right with the Germans in their Med theater tan uni's. Plus there is no autumn foliage (for the Arnhem battles). So winter whites are definitely my #1 wish right now.

uniforms are in the 9000-9900 range in the bmp folder. winter is 59000-59900. you should not have any bmps in the 59000-59900 now. open and look. if you unzip german only you should be ok. the worst that can happen is if you have to delete bmps manually in the 59000-59900 range. of course backup your bmp file first.

if you need more info email me.

BMP list from excel files posted but I forget from who

I use Photoshop 7 which has the very useful inbuilt file preview browser and layer sets.

Layers are the basis so you can create different effects and importantly alter them without effecting previously done artwork. When done they can be bundled up in a layer set. This was how I did the Sherman set so easily as all I had to do with different versions was use as much previously completed weathering, with only tinkering for version differences.

Layer opacity/effects, stock brushes, dodge and burn were used extensively as well as having to keep multiple files open to see what was going on esp with rounded hulls and Firefly turrets.

The awkward bit was having to quit and open a test scenario in CMAK everytime I needed to see the work in progress - sometimes 2-3 times per bmp.

Glad you liked them and watch out for the winterised allied support vehicle packs inc. jeeps, HTs, ACs, reccies and trucks

Originally posted by alexoscar:

Please mate, could you explain how did you make this winter mods?

I like them very much, and im interested in modifying other mods to winter too.

Which program do you use? How do you get the final aspect?

Thanks a lot!!