***New Mods Posted - Snow covered Aufklaerung Vehicles***

I'm really pleased to see winter mods being done with a dusting of snow instead of whitewash.

I just wish that this was done for CMBB, especially for the early grau vehicles.

Each set of weather conditions really deserves its own whitewash -- Dey for the dead of winter, UncleTgt for when it starts to wear off. And the light dusting of snow for that first couple of snowfalls of the year when its too soon to paint everything white.

On a related topic I had a long conversation a couple of days ago with a former US engineer who had fought in the Ardennes. Camouflage on German infantry was relativey rare. All the prisoners were in grey, and the only camouflage he remembers seeing was on the occasional assault team. And he remembers seeing jumpers rather than smocks. He also had a pretty amazing memory for color, and answered a lot of my questions by pointing at things. The intriguing thing that he mentioned was that the uniforms, even in the Ardennes, were basically tan/light khaki (my description, not his). Only the jackets were greenish. Next time I see him I'll ask him about minefield markers (I bet he'll say something like "What markers? we used tape.")

Philippe,

I agree with your uniform statement. Unfortunately you can't do overcoats within the hard coded figures. I really like, and use AndrewTF's (who else?) US infantry winter mod. The "jumpers" your friend describes could well be the German reversable winter jacket white to splinter/water tan/SS pattern depending on issue. White has a tendency toward getting dirty very quick and turning a smugy grey, brown or even yellow if you are living in foxholes/trenches or bunkers with fires for heat. I also think that most of those went to the Eastern Front.

I can only hope that in CMX2 that when they do the Winter of '44/45, at least in the West, that they will do overcoats for all the non-AFV crew type infantry, knowing however that that might be a bitch to make them look right.

DavidI

For those interested. I was busy "snowing" the Grau vehicle's, using the G.M. serie from CMBB, renumbered for Sealion.

However my computer crashed 26/04(the 15th time since januari 2005)and was declared KIA soon after. Therefor I'm at this moment out of business for the next 2 weeks, no modding, mailing etc. (I'm using a friends computer to send this message). My new computer will be build the next week, I'll be back from leave and the GRAU SNOW will be comming your way.

Stoffel: I was able to save most of the c-disc so I'll be killing your troops again soon. Starting at turn 11.

Painfbat,

When you get back up, drop me a line maybe we could divide them up. I already have Pz III J's,

Pz IV C, PSW 231, PSW 222 and 223. Between the two of us we could do the 41 Germans vehicles that are available for Winter 1941/42 in fairly short order and not be putting out the same ones at the same time. Game?

DavidI

DavidI,

At this moment I´m having holiday in Sauerland, for those who now where to find it: the village is called Selkentrop. 20 houses, a church and a wonderfull landscape. If you want to have a break and just have a walk in the country with fresh air and no noice.......

My computer will be ready next week, so if it´s ok with you I´ll start with the 250´s and 251´s, after that the AG´s. That would keep me busy for some couple off weeks.

I´ve just seen some great new mods here, can´t wait to download them. Don´t you just hate those computer-crashes?

Cheerß

Painfbat

Painfbat,

No kidding. At one point I had to rebuild ALL the mods I had ever collected. Now I save to disk quarterly.

I plan on doing some Allied stuff for a while, but when I want to do German stuff I will concentrate on CMBB 1941 Panzers III & IV. Keep in touch by Email so we avoid duplication.

DavidI