You don't have to be crazy to post in the Cheery Waffle Thread -- wait, yes you do.

_Axe_

Originally posted by Dave H:

I'm really not sure how using a static break in the hedges simulates a tank cutting through the hedge at an unexpected point. If I was the defender I would be sure to cover the wooden fences as the easiest routes for movement.

I dunno but that's what it said in the briefing. It had somefink to do with simulating the lack of "hedge-cutters" present in CMAK (Date before Normandy in CMAK and BFC historical treatment????). The briefing is the most detailed one I have ever seen. I'll have to look who designed it.

For once, I actually agree with Snarker and his "bocage" comment. This is a very bad omen :mad:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm at work at the moment (like I do anything but work these days), but I want you knuckle-chafing nonces to know that I live. Sorry to disappoint. :mad:

I have been testing the CM:AK waters again with my old chilblains, and have come up with a grand "I've got no friends and want a scrap" system.

Set up a game vs the computer. Put yourself on defence and give yourself a 25% bonus. Set all AI settings to Random and let the AI shop for stuff.

In the unit purchase screen, use the 25% bonus to buy trenches, barbed wire and mines. Then pick your other units normally.

Set up a QB map with the parameters you want.

Fight the battle, which (unless you are MasterGoodale, GrandMaster Jewel-Encrusted Gimp and Cripple) you will win.

Then start a new quick battle, drop your bonus by 1 notch (to 10%), and spend the points as you wish. For the map, load the saved game you were just playing on and import the units. Move the time on (so if you fought at mid-day, move it to dusk, dusk to night, night to dawn etc).

If you win this one, load a new QB, with no bonus, when you win the fourth, give the AI 10%, and the fifth 25% - and so on.

By the time you reach the eighth battle, the map will be stuffed full of dead bodies, exploding molten TNT and burning wrecks. Great fun.

I have an hour off work this afternoon so I plan to get those turns out of my inbox before they fossilise.

:mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Deadline to get in is 5 PM EST Friday, Oct. 29.

Not heard from yet in no particular order:

Robohn, Mace, Kitty, Wallybob, Soddball, Edward Windsor

If you think you don't have time, even with eight players the maximum number of games you would have to play is three!! And I'm going to keep the games to 20 turns or less. :mad: :mad:

Axe, sign my butt up. AAAARRGGHHH! I hate you all! Molten streams of TNT will flow like Axe in the potty after about 2 beers! I will crush somebody, and then do somefink heroic. GGRRAARGGHHHHH!

Need beer. NOW.

Oh, I guess I really am an ass. A student had been disgusted with his report card today, and turned it into confetti, strewing it all about the hallway. I saw it, got pissed about the janitor (ahem, pardon, Custodians) having to clean that crap up. I picked up the pieces, and figured out who it was. I then went to the office and got his address. I put the pieces in an envelope, with a note to his mom " Dear Mrs. Maggot, Johnny left his Report card in the hallway and I thought you would want to see it. Thanks, Mr. Wallybob." In a couple of days (given the speed of the mail) I expect the ticking package to go off.

I am ready.

Originally posted by Wallybob:

Axe, sign my butt up. AAAARRGGHHH! I hate you all! Molten streams of TNT will flow like Axe in the potty after about 2 beers! I will crush somebody, and then do somefink heroic. GGRRAARGGHHHHH!

Need beer. NOW.

Oh, I guess I really am an ass. A student had been disgusted with his report card today, and turned it into confetti, strewing it all about the hallway. I saw it, got pissed about the janitor (ahem, pardon, Custodians) having to clean that crap up. I picked up the pieces, and figured out who it was. I then went to the office and got his address. I put the pieces in an envelope, with a note to his mom " Dear Mrs. Maggot, Johnny left his Report card in the hallway and I thought you would want to see it. Thanks, Mr. Wallybob." In a couple of days (given the speed of the mail) I expect the ticking package to go off.

I am ready.

I know a certain somebody in Barrie Canuckistan that you should forward that package to. :mad:

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wallybob:

Nah, Johhny's mom would be MUCH more angry! Heh, heh.

We'll send Axe some other packages with Nitrogen based goodness.

That is what I want. Something incendiary. :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wallybob:

Nah, Johhny's mom would be MUCH more angry! Heh, heh.

We'll send Axe some other packages with Nitrogen based goodness.

That is what I want. Something incendiary. :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

A question aboot the tourney, are we going to have a Hoser bracket for the losers of the first round?

:mad: I don't want Axe to feel too bad after organizing this and then getting knocked out in the first round. :mad:

broom.gif

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

A question aboot the tourney, are we going to have a Hoser bracket for the losers of the first round?

:mad: I don't want Axe to feel too bad after organizing this and then getting knocked out in the first round. :mad:

broom.gif </font>