**[REVISED] Captured 76.2mm Pak36(r) L/51 Mod!**

[Now with two reworked bmps by Gordon Molek to help reduce the 'ghost rectangle' flaw].

Totally reworked German captured 76.2mm Pak36® L/51 anti-tank gun.

At our favorite site of course:

www.cmmods.com

German sources claimed this poorly documented gun was the best Pak gun of the war. I wasn't sure the game's default ZIS-3 anti-tank gun polygon would accept the drastic work needed to create the earlier Russian field gun that was the basis for the Pak36®. After much work I think I'm very nearly to my goal. My reworked Pak36® mod has been given a totally new gun shield, the overhead recoil cylinder has been masked out, and correct Russian-type wheels have been added.

The transformation turned out better than I had hoped for. There's just one flaw, a small ghosted rectangle suspended under the gun barrel (considerably reduced with the help of Gordon Molek). If you can overlook that minor flaw I think you'll be pleased with this totally transformed Pak36® L/51 anti-tank gun.

Here's the screenshot:

http://www.cmmods.com/web/CMAKMods.nsf/d108908febc2d41c85256c5f005fd337/98DA34CD210CF24D85256E76005857BF/$File/CAPTURED76REDO.JPG

[ April 14, 2004, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

I've been trying to find an internet link to show a photo of the actual German 76.2mm Pak36® L/51 to prove I'm not making this mod up. Geepers, this is a surprisingly obscure gun! Lots of text references but practically no photos.

I can't get my reference book to a scanner. Could someone locate a shot of the real gun to link for the guys? The photos of the 'Russian Battlefield' site of the 76.2mm F-22 field gun just doesn't resemble the reworked German Pak36®.

Here's a good site showing the Marder III mounting that gun:

http://afvinteriors.hobbyvista.com/mard3/mard3a.html

Thanks for the link! Proof I ain't entirely crazy. tongue.gif;)

A small warning for those tempted to use this mod for CMBB. DON'T!!! The captured German gun shares graphics with the Russian ZIS-3 gun in CMBB and you'll overwrite the Russian textures. If you want a mod for CMBB without messing up the Russian guns try my old CMBB 76mm ZIS-3 mod.