Hey Junk ...

I am a little bit confused now. Is this a mod for the wooden fence of CMBB/AK or is this a modded hedge from CMB0?

Since I am converting some of my CMBO scenario's into CMAK - Thanks Pyewacket ! - a CMAK version would do for the time being. Maybe when I want to see some King Tiger's creeping through the Ardennes forest again, I will be longing for a CMBO version.

[ October 18, 2004, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: McAuliffe ]

There was a barbed wire fence mod for BO that replaced the hedge bmps.

THIS is not that one. This is a fence mod done by DD here at CMHQ for CMBB

I found it to be too small to see. In MS paint, I pasted new posts over the original wire. IIRC I made the bmp four posts instead of two. I will check later.

If anyone can verify if I need DD's permission, I could put the mod up at cmmods.

At CMMODS in CMAK, DD Barbed Wire Fence J2D

DD's Barbed Wire Fence Revised for CMAK. I doubled the number of posts and made posts from CMAK tree trunks, to make a fence that is compatible with CMAK terrain and easier to see. It still tends to vanish from higher view levels. Check with the local farmers to determine if wire fence is used in their area.

Back up your files. Use with McMMM and swap with other fence mods as appropriate.

The jpeg is bigger than the zip file.

Thanks Junk, I will give it a try this evening.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

(...) Check with the local farmers to determine if wire fence is used in their area.

(...)

I don't know about use of wooden fences in Russia or the desert, but in the places where I lived/live(Belgium / Switzerland (border Italy), I didn't/don't see any. So I wonder why they included wooden fences in CMAK. They should have implemented poles with barbed wire in the first place.

Regarding gardens around houses, people used walls in agglomerations and- mostly beech -hedges

in the more rural places.

The more wealthy ones had sometimes hand forged wrought iron fencing placed around their garden. That would make a nice mod too smile.gif (thinking of modding tall hedgerows)