MODing outside the square

I love the pre invasion commando stuff and just scored a great book about a raid in France with commandos ramming ships into docks and flying around in mahogany speedboats, so I thought (with no modding experience at all): How about I mod up pavement to look like water and halftracks to look like speedboats!

So I have two questions to start;

1. Can I mod outside the original modelling of a vehicle, ie change its shape, even if just a little?

2. How do I find the numbered image file that relates to the vehicle I want to mod? is there a list?

ps. I am on a Mac

1. No. No shape changes allowed, just skins.

2. Ask around. I think there is a post on the front page right now asking for help putting together a full list of AK bmps.

3. (optional) There may be some other problems to consider with your proposal. Commandos who panic running off across the channel for home is the first one that comes to mind.

4. (optional) You can change pavement to water by copying the copying the water bmp into the pavement file number. Of course, you won't get the shore effect as there are a number of water bmps for edges and corners and only one pavemetn.

Depends which HT you want to use

Brit M5 HT 11900.bmp - 119012.bmp

Brit M5A1 HT 19120.bmp - 19132.bmp

Polygons are hard coded and modders have no access to them

Problem is if you mod your pavement to look like water what then do use for dry dockside pavements

IMHO You'd be better off using the slower assault boats for the scenario but if you do it please show us when done

the best way to learn modding is to try. pinking out things like front wheels sometimes works, sometimes doesnt. see my website where i made pavement - water to give troops something solid to stand on but look like ocean. church turned into a destroyer/gunboat for barrage from top floor. destroyer