Cover advice

Gday....

Now that is a Q i to would like some idea on ?

all i can say if you have two tiles of woods deep it will mask armor as for infantry i find i get best results being about half a tile from the tree line this would seem to allow your troops to hide if spotted and after a min or so fire against them stops if to close to the tree line the fire carrys on this is just me dare say some nice people here will give you a better idea

happy hunting

Originally posted by Blah Blah Blah:

Is it that it makes no difference if you are in 1 metre or 10?

It does make a difference (even in buildings). Your units will be less exposed when they are deeper in woods or farther back in buildings. Pretty minimal stuff, though. A couple of %'s. This goes two ways, of course. Don't expect nice and bright blue target lines when in 'deep' cover like that.

I made a chart for stuff like this for CM:BO back in them olden days. You might still find it on CMHQ. I'll see if I can dig up the link.