8:34pm in Chicago....how is the preview going?

Just got back from the preview. All is good. Very Good.

Had a good time playing desert rally against Jasonc - Italian Tankettes vs. Universal Carriers. . .

What I learned today at Rune's house: If you think Italian armor is bad, wait until you see some of the early war British stuff. . .

The game looks simply incredible. For an 'on the fly' release, visually it is as much an advance as CMBB was from CMBO. The dust looks great, and seems to play very well.

I think the big surprise was the sound, though. There has been a dramatic improvement in the entire soundscape. In particular, the Ma Deuce and M1 Garand sound are especially good. Props to the Mad One!!

I surfed through the scenario editor briefly, and there are some interesting units and TOEs to play with, including from the 1944-1945 period that we are all familiar with, including some changes to what had been done in CMBO. While I didn't check to see if every unit in CMBO was in the game, the vast majority certainly are, and I don't think it will be difficult for anyone wanting to create/re-create NWE battles to do so in CMAK.

Anyway, the game looks basically finished. While Rune was appropriately coy about any release date, I would be surprised if it were later than the end of the month. Were I a betting man, I would bet on a demo before Turkey Day.

Thanks again to Rune for playing host. I look forward to playing your stuff once the game comes out!

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

I surfed through the scenario editor briefly, and there are some interesting units and TOEs to play with, including from the 1944-1945 period that we are all familiar with, including some changes to what had been done in CMBO. While I didn't check to see if every unit in CMBO was in the game, the vast majority certainly are, and I don't think it will be difficult for anyone wanting to create/re-create NWE battles to do so in CMAK.

Two games in one (or nearly) :D

See my AAR summary at the end of the invitation thread ("Nov 1 in Chicago"). As for screenshots, I made one of the 37mm that racked up such a score, which in on Rune's computer. Also one of the Italian tankette that scored the Cruiser I kill (though it was KOed later). There were some other spectacular sights that I didn't think to save - like one PSW a Stuart sent skyward in a particularly impressive explosion. One sprint across open desert by an Italian C3/35 for some reason brought dirt bike racing to mind...

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Two games in one (or nearly) :D </font>