The eagle has landed and a small buglet in CM:AK

Gentlemen,

The eagle has landed! My copy of CM:AK from CDV arrived today in the mail (Germany). Now excuse me for a few days to check out the new CM Universe but before I do this I might have a small buglet to report.

It might be a CDV buglet or it might not.

In CM:AK is anyone of you able to select multiple allied units in the editor and place the whole selected group at a new location ?

For me this only works with the german side, if I try it for the allied side, the program switches back to only one unit highlighted and placable at a time.

I just checked with my CDV CM:BB copy and there it´s the same annoyance. I only can select and place groups of german troops in the editor but not russian troops. Maybe this buglet crept in the code during CM:BB development and still persists until now.

If one of you guys with the BTS version of CM:BB and/or CM:AK can reproduce this you should put this little buglet on your squash-list. If neither of you can reproduce it, it might be destiny blessing just me with it.

Now I´m off for a desert-weekend smile.gif

cheers

Helge

Originally posted by The_Desert_Fox:

Gentlemen,

The eagle has landed! My copy of CM:AK from CDV arrived today in the mail (Germany). Now excuse me for a few days to check out the new CM Universe but before I do this I might have a small buglet to report.

It might be a CDV buglet or it might not.

In CM:AK is anyone of you able to select multiple allied units in the editor and place the whole selected group at a new location ?

For me this only works with the german side, if I try it for the allied side, the program switches back to only one unit highlighted and placable at a time.

I just checked with my CDV CM:BB copy and there it´s the same annoyance. I only can select and place groups of german troops in the editor but not russian troops. Maybe this buglet crept in the code during CM:BB development and still persists until now.

If one of you guys with the BTS version of CM:BB and/or CM:AK can reproduce this you should put this little buglet on your squash-list. If neither of you can reproduce it, it might be destiny blessing just me with it.

Now I´m off for a desert-weekend smile.gif

cheers

Helge

It's not a bug - you have to change views in the editor - hit the \ key; you can only group move the units for the side you are currently viewing.

Originally posted by Wicky:

My mental image of you two comedians:

two.gif

:D

Ah yes, the North American view of English humour as well.

"Ello then, would you piss on my leg?"

"Why yes, luverly! Don't mind if I don't!"

**gut-ripping laughter ensues from the studio audicence**

At this point, the Canadians and Americans watching this on PBS realize they will never understand it at all and switch to the weather channel....

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jussi Köhler:

These didnt work for me at work but here at home they do. Very nice picture :D

I still can't get it, must be too many hits.

:(

Michael </font>