Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

What I want to see in the Cheery Waffle Thread X2

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Did anyone else feel a gust of hot wind blow through here? I thought it may have been from Mace, our formatting expert (cowabunga, paragraphs!), but it's winter down under. The temperature there is probably somewhat below 100 Celsius now, for a change. No, this was really hot air, like you get when you open the door of an oven set for self-cleaning. Something you would feel when standing too close to a blast furnace. I guess it was nothing worth mentioning, much like Ohio and Boo. ;):D:D

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Did anyone else feel a gust of hot wind blow through here? I thought it may have been from Mace, our formatting expert (cowabunga, paragraphs!), but it's winter down under. The temperature there is probably somewhat below 100 Celsius now, for a change. No, this was really hot air, like you get when you open the door of an oven set for self-cleaning. Something you would feel when standing too close to a blast furnace. I guess it was nothing worth mentioning, much like Ohio and Boo. ;):D:D </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

There was that gust of superheated air again. It seems to be coming from the direction of the <font size=1>penguins</font size=1>. I read somewhere (probably on the GF) that the Kyoto Treaty would ban the <font size=1>penguin</font size=1> thread, because it's the Number 1 cause of global warming. I guess it's because of all of the compassionate conservatives in that thread. The guys who support an administration that gave us duct tape as the defense against chemical attack. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

There was that gust of superheated air again. It seems to be coming from the direction of the <font size=1>penguins</font size=1>. I read somewhere (probably on the GF) that the Kyoto Treaty would ban the <font size=1>penguin</font size=1> thread, because it's the Number 1 cause of global warming. I guess it's because of all of the compassionate conservatives in that thread. The guys who support an administration that gave us duct tape as the defense against chemical attack. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: </font>

That's the best you can do?

Good grief, maybe you shouldn't try to challenge me to a game.

Actually, I already challenged you to a game, but you must not have been paying attention. When I started the second annual BDLRM, it was open to anyone, even <font size=1>penguins</font size=1>. Lurkur was the only one from your flock (school, herd, species?) who entered, along with 12 other competitors. If you'd like for me to send you the setup, I'll be glad to. Mike the wino just started, and several players are finishing, so I can make room for the odd Buckeye as player number 14. :D:D:D

Prithee, noble Sir Boo, bestow your unparalleled tactical genius upon this most unworthy Waffle. Maggot! :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Boy, they'll let anyone play in the BDLRM these days.

Well, I figured that if I let you in, how could I justify keeping anybody else out? ;):D I'll admit that accepting most <font size=1>penguins</font size=1> would be a stretch. However, since I enjoy having YK2, Kitty, and Mace here, and Lurkur has turned out to be such a good guy, maybe there are other decent folks hiding out over in that "other thread". :D:D

Good grief, maybe you shouldn't try to challenge me to a game.

Actually, I already challenged you to a game, but you must not have been paying attention. When I started the second annual BDLRM, it was open to anyone, even <font size=1>penguins</font size=1>. Lurkur was the only one from your flock (school, herd, species?) who entered, along with 12 other competitors. If you'd like for me to send you the setup, I'll be glad to. Mike the wino just started, and several players are finishing, so I can make room for the odd Buckeye as player number 14. :D:D:D

Prithee, noble Sir Boo, bestow your unparalleled tactical genius upon this most unworthy Waffle. Maggot! :rolleyes::rolleyes::D </font>

Now, is this the same scenario that you've been playing over and over again in the vain attempt to actually pull out a win?

No, this is the same scenario that he repeatedly pounds his opponents into bloody submission in the vain attempt to get his lifetime CM-record upto .500. tongue.gif:D [cough]gamey[/cough]

no - it's all that was necessary.

BTW I do believe I beat the faesces out of you the last time we played - so you may care to revise that "four for four" bombast of yours to something realistic.

Care for a rematch?

Dave your stupid ISP is trying to stop me beating the snot out of you too, but for your edification the collective plural of <small>penguins</small> is Crapola

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Boy, they'll let anyone play in the BDLRM these days.

Except, and this is ironic, Dave H hisself.

Twas a fortnight since I last heard from the lass...or it might have been 4-ish PST yesterday. Either way the sackless, twat owes me a turn. You better be dead or dieing, maggot.

And don't give me some drivel about Father's day. You lack the proper chrosomal pairing to have been created anyway other than as a science experience and you lack the prerequisites to actually father offspring of you own, so get to turn sending and be quick about it.

Originally posted by Mike:

no - it's all that was necessary.

BTW I do believe I beat the faesces out of you the last time we played - so you may care to revise that "four for four" bombast of yours to something realistic.

Care for a rematch?

Dave your stupid ISP is trying to stop me beating the snot out of you too, but for your edification the collective plural of <small>penguins</small> is Crapola </font>

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

No, this is the same scenario that he repeatedly pounds his opponents into bloody submission in the vain attempt to get his lifetime CM-record upto .500. tongue.gif:D [cough]gamey[/cough]

Sir, I am cut to the quick by your allegations. I'll have you know that by the time this BDLRM is over my winning percentage may be hovering in the low to mid 60s! More or less. ;)

Gamey, you say?? No sir, gamey was the setup our friend Becket foisted upon me last year for the original BDLRM. Two German anti-tank guns which were totally incapable of damaging Soviet tanks at point-blank range! A set-up zone with a depth of maybe two hundred meters, with nothing but flat terrain for maneuvering my two PzIVs. About 2,000 meters of clear front to hold with a company of mountain infantry. :eek:

FYI, Pseudo, in this second BDLRM I chose terrain where a reasonable commander might consider mounting a defense, and some units powerful enough to do the job. Even so, one Allied player has managed to pretty thoroughly crush the defenders, so it's definitely possible. :mad: :mad:

Anyway, I've already promised you a rematch, Pseudo, so you already have your chance to bring your personal record against me up to 50%. I'm ready when you are, maggot. :D:D

Gamey, you say?? No sir, gamey was the setup our friend Becket foisted upon me last year for the original BDLRM. Two German anti-tank guns which were totally incapable of damaging Soviet tanks at point-blank range! A set-up zone with a depth of maybe two hundred meters, with nothing but flat terrain for maneuvering my two PzIVs. About 2,000 meters of clear front to hold with a company of mountain infantry. :eek:

not quite how I remember it - yuor 50's had no trouble killing my T34's, and wasn't there a 75 in htere too? Ang half the board was covered in woods, with only a single road for ay mechanised attackers to debouch from - and that bounded by trees on both sides!!

then htere was hte factory dominating suh clear terrain as did exist, with its little hamlet of associated workers accomodations!!

No sir - I don't know what game yo're describing, but it's not last year's smackdown of Dave tongue.gif

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Twas a fortnight since I last heard from the lass...or it might have been 4-ish PST yesterday. Either way the sackless, twat owes me a turn. You better be dead or dieing, maggot.

Maybe you had better put down one of your jugs of Boone's Farm and check your computer again, maggots-for-brains! You sent me turn 004 at 6:33 PM EST yesterday. I sent you turn 005 at 7:04 PM EST yesterday. I have no more e-mail from you, so I guess that means you owe ME a turn! Of course, I'm assuming that you have enough brain cells left to recall how PBEM works. That could be an invalid assumption. GRARGHRRAARGHRARRGH!! :mad: :mad:

I just sent turn 005 again in case you accidentally deleted it while you were suffering from dry heaves. tongue.giftongue.gif

not quite how I remember it - yuor 50's had no trouble killing my T34's, and wasn't there a 75 in htere too? Ang half the board was covered in woods, with only a single road for ay mechanised attackers to debouch from - and that bounded by trees on both sides!!

then htere was hte factory dominating suh clear terrain as did exist, with its little hamlet of associated workers accomodations!!

No sir - I don't know what game yo're describing, but it's not last year's smackdown of Dave tongue.gif

Hey, who's telling this story, maggot? I think I had two 37 mm, not 50 mm, AT guns. I did have a Marder and two HMGs. The half of the map covered in woods was the Soviet set-up area, so your infantry could set up in woods within a grenade toss of mine hiding in the clear. There was just a single road from the woods, but there was also plenty of open terrain behind hills for setting up Soviet armor. The tanks could (and did, repeatedly) roll right up on the hills and take hull-down positions overlooking all of the VLs. In fact, some VLs were on those very hills. The factory was about 100 meters from the edge of the woods, where the Soviet infantry could mass unobserved.

Do you remember starting our battle with your preliminary saturation rocket barrage? Do you remember how many T-34s and KV-1s you had? Way too many. :eek: :eek: :eek:

[ June 20, 2004, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Maybe you had better put down one of your jugs of Boone's Farm and check your computer again, maggots-for-brains! You sent me turn 004 at 6:33 PM EST yesterday. I sent you turn 005 at 7:04 PM EST yesterday. I have no more e-mail from you, so I guess that means you owe ME a turn! Of course, I'm assuming that you have enough brain cells left to recall how PBEM works. That could be an invalid assumption. GRARGHRRAARGHRARRGH!! :mad: :mad:

I just sent turn 005 again in case you accidentally deleted it while you were suffering from dry heaves. tongue.giftongue.gif </font>

The fingers you have used to type are too fat. To obtain a special typing wand, please mash the keyboard with your palm now. tongue.gif Kudos on your bracketing though!

Even so, one Allied player has managed to pretty thoroughly crush the defenders, so it's definitely possible.

The exception that proves the rule.....yeah, that's it.....