What I want to see in the Cheery Waffle Thread X2

Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

Dave H set-up out tonight...tomorrow at the latest. 20,000 cases of Cabernet Sauvignon trumps you and your meager, albeit misguided, hopes of victory.

Geez Whinemore! How long will it take you to drink all that? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edited to add the Prodigal Son's comments as this is a new page. Oh, and *boot* the thread, you useless collections of flesh eating insects. :mad: :mad:

[ June 18, 2004, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feh, what a piss-poor excuse for a human being....and even a poor showing for a Canuck. Beer is always first...then the shower to wash the moose piss off and THEN turns out

Pfffft.

Mate, you're a bloody p*ss poor excuse for a drinker.

It's beer first, second and third! Then maybe a shower but only if there's no more beer.

And if there isn't you better have a bloody good excuse! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace

Roit!! I'm about to go on vacation and -- except for a brief Monday/Tuesday sojourn -- am about to turn into a turn sending machine.

No doubt to cause much wailing and nashing of teeth.

Problem is, with Keke gone I'm down to five measley games.

Who's man enough to face the ubermaggot? (Or woman if Kitty's lurking out there)

I RULE!!! :mad: :mad:

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh Motherland!!!

Some will understand. Others will not!!

:mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Plus, as an added bonus, that means -- you guessed it -- more daily posts by me!!

More wit.

More wisdom.

More pearls before swine.

You lucky maggots you.

(Anybody lose their breakfast yet?)

If I'm swine, I'm a cannibal. Sausage fer brekky, you know. :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Snarker:

Axe maggot!!!!! I've noticed a pattern here. Every Friday, you 'rule'. So I've deduced that every Thursday is free psychadelic drug night in the Barrie bars. :mad: :mad: :mad:

You win the kewpie doll maggot!! :mad: It's usually the Friday post-work pint or two that induce the "I rule" comment. But you're the first to pick up on the pattern. Dave has noticed the numerous posts before but merely commented on how delusional I was. :D :mad:

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

(snip) many a nightmarish encounter with delirium tremens is still more entertaining than reading the posts in the Cheery Waffle(snip)

And yet, this poor soul keeps coming back to the Cheery Waffle threads! I think there is a definite love/hate relationship at work here. :D </font>

The great Duke of Wellington stood on the path which runs ‘round the ramparts of Walmer Castle on a sunny day in July 1843. Near him, standing at attention, was a young Staff Officer of the Adjutant-General’s Department. He had just asked a question on a small matter of detail which the War Office thought should, as a courtesy, be referred to the Commander of the Forces.

A name typical of the British private soldier was required for use on the model sheet of the soldiers’ accounts to show where men should sign.

The Duke stood gazing out to sea while the young officer waited, searching in a long memory stored with recollections for a man who typified the character of Britain’s soldiers. He thought back to his first campaign in the Low Countries where he had fought his first action with his old Regiment, the 33rd Foot.

When the battle was over and won, Wellesley rode back to where little groups of wounded men were lying on the ground. At the place where the right of his line had been lay the right-hand man of the Grenadier Company, Thomas Atkins. He stood six-foot three in his stockinged feet, he had served for twenty years, he could neither read nor write and he was the best man at arms in the Regiment.

One of the bandsmen had bound up his head where a sabre had slashed it, he had a bayonet wound in the chest and a bullet through the lungs.

He had begged the bearers not to move him, but to let him die in peace.

Wellesley looked down on him and the man must have seen his concern. “It’s all right sir,” he gasped. “It’s all in the day’s work.” They were his last words.

The Old Duke turned to his waiting staff officer.

“Thomas Atkins,” he said.

From The Ypres Times, April 1929

All BDLRM turns are out. Time for an update:

On turn one: Mike the wino has just started, making him the thirteenth player. Perfect timing, isn't it?

Seven turns completed: Thermopylae is sending turns at a rate to make MasterGoodale (the maggot) blush with envy. Either he's moved away or he only plans to play one turn every two weeks. :eek:

Lurkur joined after Thermopylae, so I can't give him grief for being the slowest in sending turns. He's only the second slowest.

Tugboat had problems getting the scenario set up on his Macintosh at the beginning, plus he has missed game time while sailing the Great Lakes. He has also shown enough sense to avoid the Cheery Waffle thread.

Thirteen turns complete: _Uxcva has jeeps driving my machine guns crazy. I can't seem to stop the cursed things. Otherwise everything is under control.

Fourteen turns: Robohn has kindly lined up his light armor for me to dispose of it. Coming right up!

Seventeen turns: Mike has laid a Maori curse on my machine guns. I've never seen more than one jammed in a turn. He got all of them! :mad: It won't save him!

Eighteen turns: Teddy Windsor was nice enough to lose a Sherman this past turn, adding to his looming defeat. GRARGGHRARRGHRARG!!

Twenty two turns: Wallybob has had one Sherman break through the defense. Will it get off the map, or stick around to be destroyed?

Snarker (the gamey maggot) has already sent one Hellcat off the map. Now he seems content to blast away at my infantry with his artillery and Chaffees. Did I mention he's a gamey maggot? :mad:

Twenty three turns: Keke was called away, presumably for military service. His armor is taking a beating, and so is he. ;)

Game over: Axe and Pseudo, who didn't get close enough to see the north edge, but they did manage to lose lots of men. :D

Originally posted by Dave H:

On turn one: Mike the wino has just started, making him the thirteenth player. Perfect timing, isn't it?

Bwahahahaha!!! A day late and a dollar short.

What a maggot!! :mad: :mad:

'Bout that time eh chaps?

Right oh!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Cheers!!

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

feh, what a piss-poor excuse for a human being....and even a poor showing for a Canuck. Beer is always first...then the shower to wash the moose piss off and THEN turns out

Pfffft.

Mate, you're a bloody p*ss poor excuse for a drinker.

It's beer first, second and third! Then maybe a shower but only if there's no more beer.

And if there isn't you better have a bloody good excuse! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace </font>

That's a good lad.

Good lord (or somefink), man, we're five years into drought and thus practising good water conservation techniques (not drinking water, not bathing, not hosing down the wildlife, etc)!

At such times, one turns to beer. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace

btw. Paragraph - one of several distinct subdivisions of a text intended to separate ideas; the beginning is usually marked by a new indented line

Good lord (or somefink), man, we're five years into drought and thus practising good water conservation techniques (not drinking water, not bathing, not hosing down the wildlife, etc)!

Note to self: Don't visit Mace.

Mace you skirt wearing girl's blouse, I see the concept of "showering" is lost on you lads down under...

Oh, no. I'm sure that, even in a land as primitive as Australia, there are bizarro fetishists that share your taste for 'water sports', Mike the Wino.

It can't all be just beer and bestiality. I mean, there's 'beer', for one thing, and we all know what that eventually leads to (you more than the rest of us, I'm sure). I imagine in urban areas like Sydney and Melbourne you'll find others who share your penchant for 'being bathed in liquid gold'.

Still, with all your perversions, it's good to see you posting again.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

That's a good lad.

At such times, one turns to beer. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace

btw. Paragraph - one of several distinct subdivisions of a text intended to separate ideas; the beginning is usually marked by a new indented line </font>

Does anyone else worry that Snarker needs more than a bit of anti-depressant drug therapy, and some free-form counseling?

Really, you lot should show more concern about 'one of your own'.

When I read Snarker's posts, I'm reading 'a lot of stupidity'. Can't anyone else sense his pain?

In my depressed stupidity, I'm managing to chuck some serious TNT at everyone that sent me a turn I actually received. :D

Mike and Robohn, that means I didn't get your latest sends. :mad: The internet is a black hole's black hole or sumfink. :mad: :mad: