What I want to see in the Cheery Waffle Thread X2

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what can I say.

Damned good BBQ, made my in-laws happy, made my friends (yes I have some) happy, If you don't like barbeque, go feck yourselves.

I like the sauce. If you like commercial sauce, hokay. I think with a little (very little) effort you can make a sauce that is much better than just about anything you can find on the shelves.

Local favorite: white sauce

North Alabama has a funky sauce that is great on chicken

1 1/2 Cups mayo

1/3 cup cider vinegar

1/4 cup lemon juice

2 Tablespoons sugar

2 Tablespoons pepper

2 Tablespoons Worcestershire

1 teaspoon salt

Whisk together. wierd but good.

Add some molten TNT, and it would be great for this forum!

Don't know about goose.

Chicken is hokay.

PETA hates me. I love animals (they are tasty).

Another simple sauce (named after an older gentleman at my church) is Sidney Sauce

1 big bottle of yellow mustard (16 oz)

2 sticks of butter

1 bottle of white vinegar (16 oz)

red pepper flakes to taste (a lot in my case)

simmer. baste on chicken or pork. Enjoy!

Mike, just a suggestion, but you'd better start running right now!! I don't think Mace is one to let a little thing like the Tasman Sea stop him when he gets feeling all warm and wooly, or even fuzzy. :eek:

Sorry, no BDLRM turns out last night, except for a setup to mike the wino (the maggot). I had to watch the Detroit Pistons finish obliterating the invincible LA Lakers. I guess Karl Malone and Gary Payton won't be getting those championship rings they tried to buy after all. :rolleyes::D:D

Originally posted by Wallybob:

I usually double this, cause it's Sooooo good!

1 14 oz bottle of Ketchup

1 Cup apple cider

2 Tablespoons Worcestershire

1 Tablespoon molasses

1 Tablespoon cider vinegar

1 Tablespoon soy sauce

1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (hickory)

1 1/2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar

1 teaspoon granulated sugar

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 teaspoon celery seed

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon ground cloves.

Good stuff.

Or you could just drink beer like everyone else...

Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

Come now, it's not the drinking of that swill, it's the come down when you swear off the stuff. Just ask Seanachi. The poor lad went straight off the deep end when the case I sent him was finished off. Luckily, the one month suspension from the boards calmed him right back down again.

Actually, he's right. I could have coped with the sweating and trembling hands, and hallucinations haven't bothered me in decades (many a nightmarish encounter with delirium tremens is still more entertaining than reading the posts in the Cheery Waffle), but when I found that screaming obscenities at the neighbours simply wasn't helping me cope anymore, I ended up on the General Forum, and we all know how wrong that can go.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Mike, just a suggestion, but you'd better start running right now!! I don't think Mace is one to let a little thing like the Tasman Sea stop him when he gets feeling all warm and wooly, or even fuzzy. :eek:

nah - he's no real problem.

He's a lazy sod (sic) so he won't be travelling 1400 miles to fulfill his fantasies - it's all those Aussie Blondes I feel sorry for! :eek: :eek:

<font size=6>GRARGHRARRGHRAARGHRARRGH!!!</font size=6> :mad: :mad:

<font size=5>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!</font size=5> :mad: :mad:

One of Snarker's Hellcats made it off the north edge of the BDLRM map!! This is a devastating blow to the German war effort. We may not recover from this. :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Seanachai:

(snip) many a nightmarish encounter with delirium tremens is still more entertaining than reading the posts in the Cheery Waffle(snip)

And yet, this poor soul keeps coming back to the Cheery Waffle threads! I think there is a definite love/hate relationship at work here. Obviously Seanachai is so personally dysfunctional that he he continues to bounce back and forth from the Waffle thread to the <font size=1>penguin</font size=1> thread and back to the Cheery Waffle thread.

This is my interpretation of his behavior. When he posts in the <font size=1>penguin</font size=1> thread he is always looking for someone who will stalk him and give him the personal hate he craves. However, the denizens of that other thread are such bootlicking sycophants (especially Boo :D ) that Seanachai can't find the hate he seeks there.

As a result, Seanachai posts here, still looking for hate. Since we recognize that his self-loathing is far greater than the hate anyone else could ever send his way, we give him the treatment he never gets in the <font size=1>penguin</font size=1> thread; we ignore him. Eventually he slinks away, tail tucked between his legs, and returns to the other thread to lick his self-inflicted wounds. :D

Hey you newish-maggots.

Now that mike_the_wino is back you are about to see how gameyness can be taken to an art form. :mad: :mad:

And a drunken art form at that.

Speaking of, I start vacation at 1:59 p.m. tomorrow. First turn and/or pint shortly thereafter.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Speaking of, I start vacation at 1:59 p.m. tomorrow. First turn and/or pint shortly thereafter.

feh, what a piss-poor excuse for a human being....and even a poor showing for a Canuck. Beer is always first...then the shower to wash the moose piss off and THEN turns out.

Dave H set-up out tonight...tomorrow at the latest. 20,000 cases of Cabernet Sauvignon trumps you and your meager, albeit misguided, hopes of victory.