What I want to see in the Cheery Waffle Thread X2

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

When a man with a Tiger meets a man with 13 Churchills, they say the man with a Tiger's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. :Dtongue.gif I'll send you another setup sometime this weekend.

Axe, you may pick another if you are so inclined.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

duel.gif

Too much sun. :mad: Need beer to cool down.

*glug glug glug glug glug glug glug *

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh. That's better.

Hey Snarker -- I'm on Sharpe's Waterloo. One more to go. I'm sad it's about to end.

(He has released two new ones, Sharpe's Havoc and Sharpe's Escape. I got Havoc since it's in paperback and read it in sequence. Escape will have to wait since the paperback version isn't scheduled to come out until next year :mad: :mad: )

The Man:

cornwell.jpg

Greetings, maggots! 86smopuim, what is that mess, Manwich or really greasy chili? Ick! :confused:

Since my lovely wife is out of town for the weekend, I finally decided to watch "Band of Brothers". HBO has it "on demand" right now, so it's available and it's free. Anyway, after the first four episodes, it seems to be decent enough. Lots of blood and severed limbs and explosions and destruction and all, if that's what you want. Looks to me like plenty of reasons not to fight wars. I'm really thankful that my exposure to war has all been through movies, TV, and games. I wish my children and their children and everyone's children could grow up saying the same. ;):D

I'll post that here, because in the General Forum it would offend too many people who have yet to find a war they didn't like. :rolleyes:

Won't someone please think of the children?!?!?!

Oh, and Dave -- my favourite episodes are the Bulge/Bastogne ones where the artillery is, well, artillery and the cold is murder. Very atmospheric.

Part Six -- Bastogne

Part Seven -- The Breaking Point

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Oh, and Dave -- my favourite episodes are the Bulge/Bastogne ones where the artillery is, well, artillery and the cold is murder. Very atmospheric.

It was all excellent stuff. And didn't we all HATE the CO they had during initial training?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace

Originally posted by 86smopuim:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

Greetings, maggots! 86smopuim, what is that mess, Manwich or really greasy chili? Ick! :confused:

its :mad: hot :mad: sauce

Rumor has it he puts TNT into it than slathers it on your barbque. </font>

Ha ha.

I just finished installing it, losing 15 pounds in the process.

I started it.

No explosion.

No shock when I touched it.

No catastrophic failure of any kind.

And it's keeping the room cool.

If you could see my proficiency whith a tool set, you would know this is the equivalent of Bob Vila building the Apollo program with a hammer, some string and those odds and ends in the bottom of a rusty old toolbox.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

No explosion.

No shock when I touched it.

No catastrophic failure of any kind.

And it's keeping the room cool.

A total failure then - I'm gona ask for a refund!! :mad: :mad: :mad: