French vs Allies

bboyle

I am curious if anyone is planning to put together some Vichy versus Allies scenarios. If I remember Morehead correctly, there were some pretty good scraps in the Levant and of course in Morocco. Where else would anyone suggest looking for info?

P.S. Will the OOB for Vichy forces be included in the game?

[ November 25, 2003, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: bboyle ]

Well the list of nationalities in the game is listed as: USA

Germany

Italy

Britain

Canada

Australia

New Zealand

Poland

South Africa

France

I don't know if that means Vichy French and Free French, or just free French. Maybe there aren't any Vichy French in CMAK.

Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

No Indians? No Ghurkas or Punjab Rifles?? No Wallah's or Sahibs??? None of those exotic Indian non-com ranks that I've compkltely forgotten the names of??

Sheesh!! :( What sort of game is this??!! :mad: :mad:

A somewhat hasty one-off to top up BFC's coffers long enough for them to get the engine rewrite done, and also to give us something to talk about for the next two years. Next question?

Michael

Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

No Indians? No Ghurkas or Punjab Rifles?? No Wallah's or Sahibs??? None of those exotic Indian non-com ranks that I've compkltely forgotten the names of??

Have you got enough indian mates to provide the sound files? My guess is that would be the major stepping stone. Unless you want them all to sound like Hapu.

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

Have you got enough indian mates to provide the sound files? My guess is that would be the major stepping stone. Unless you want them all to sound like Hapu. </font>

Originally posted by Speedy:

Having no Vichy and no Indians is a major oversite by bfc and I for one am very disappointed hearing this.

And I don't think it would be too much of a problem finding people to do the voices as there are quite a few Indians around the place.

I would not call it an oversight, but more likely a conscious decision.

That there are lots of Indian speakers around is out of the question. I could just step outside my flat and haul in a dozen on very short notice. The problem is to get them in front of very decent recording equipment (the reason my voice is not used - apart from my inability to voice-act - is that I do not have recording equipment good enough), and then to pretend they are being shot at, or sumfink. Which maybe more of a problem.

But that is just my guess - I was not even involved in the process, Matt will know the answers.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Are those your mates down from the 'Dancing Ghurka' restaurant down in Twitbridge? :D

One day you have to organise a CM night out there. </font>

No, not them - but that's a good idea.

I would organise it, but the thought of a bunch of city boys tearing up my lovely rural town brings me out in a cold, cold sweat. ;)

Originally posted by Soddball:

I would organise it, but the thought of a bunch of city boys tearing up my lovely rural town brings me out in a cold, cold sweat. ;)

Heh! No need to be offensive. I think you are breaking forum rules. I am not a 'city boy', I have you know that I work in Westminster.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Heh! No need to be offensive. I think you are breaking forum rules. I am not a 'city boy', I have you know that I work in Westminster. </font>

That there are lots of Indian speakers around is out of the question. I could just step outside my flat and haul in a dozen on very short notice. The problem is to get them in front of very decent recording equipment (the reason my voice is not used - apart from my inability to voice-act - is that I do not have recording equipment good enough), and then to pretend they are being shot at, or sumfink. Which maybe more of a problem.

Why would that be a problem? You take a bunch out to a lonely stretch of heath and then pin a mike on each one. Then you start shooting at them. It doesn't really matter what they say, since not many CM customers are going to understand Hindi or Urdu or whatever anyway. Just as long as it sounds frightened and desperate.

Problem solved. Really, really surprised you couldn't come up with this on your own, War.

Famine

The problem is to get them in front of very decent recording equipment (the reason my voice is not used - apart from my inability to voice-act - is that I do not have recording equipment good enough), and then to pretend they are being shot at, or sumfink. Which maybe more of a problem.

That couldn't be the problem. If they needed some Indian voices, the cheapest and best way to do it would have been to subcontract some Bollywood studio. They could have provided a nifty soundtrack, too. Rather, I think the reason is the segregationist nature of CM itself: as face bmp's are shared, white gentry will fight only against other white men. The only way to make Indians look like Indians would be to make Germans look like Indians. Either way, it wouldn't look very... credible.

That couldn't be the problem. If they needed some Indian voices, the cheapest and best way to do it would have been to subcontract some Bollywood studio
Hmmm. Personally I think it would be a little embarassing to have my Indian soldiers on the brink of carrying an assault only to have them break out into the obligatory Bollywood song and dance routine. Entertaining, yes, but highly embarassing. Especially in the face of the enemy smile.gif