Another Tiger Mod Preview (You mean it's not finished yet?!?)

It's getting close to being done. I added much of the weathering effects today. I just need to wrap up the detaily bits on the upper surfaces and get rid of a couple places where the values are off on adjacent textures and it'll be ready for release. Then I can start work on the next 3 versions in the game. smile.gif

There will be two versions for Tunisia. The one I've been showing represents a vehicle from Schwere Panzerabteilung 504, and is painted africa brown with olive camouflage overpaint. Rear turret number will be optional, as will bow tracks.

tiger3.jpg

tiger3a.jpg

The second version represents a Tiger from Schwere Panzerabteilung 501. In researching this mod I read that Tigers from this unit were possibly painted an olive or "pea green" color, maybe from the factory, or maybe sourced from either Italian or captured American stocks. Opinions vary, as usual, but I thought it would look cool so here it is. :cool:

greentiger.jpg

As always, artistic license comes in to play here. I think I can finish these this week, and release an additional unmarked/unweathered version for modders to play with, as promised.

Think I just had a minor stroke ! :eek: :D These look great (as per usual). Stackpole books has reprints of Wolfgang Schneider's Tigers in Combat ( volume 1 & 2 ). They're pretty cheap compared to the JJF original HC editions (which are pretty hard to find anyway) if anyone's interested.

How's the family btw? smile.gif