ot german production of military equipment post ww2 question

did germany produce any world war 2 military equipment after the war. trucks artillery (which types)or was all her production capability destroyed, production from spare parts i dont want just new build vehicles and equipment

italy produceds some german equipment during ww2 eg halftrack (model?)what about after the war

france produced panters and aircraft from spare parts after the war so i am not interested in them

Originally posted by dog of war:

did germany produce any world war 2 military equipment after the war. trucks artillery (which types)or was all her production capability destroyed,

The whole country was completely devastated. There wasn't even enough food and domestic fuel to go round, never mind about military production. There were no German armed forces to make the things for, anyway. The Bundeswehr was not formed until 1955 (the para-military Bundesgrenchutz had been formed in 1951) and the National Volksarmee in 1956.

Victor Gollancz' "In Darkest Germany" paints a grim picture of the state of West Germany in the immediate aftermath of the war.

All the best,

John.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mike

IIRC the Czech's produced some Me-262's & 109's post war too.

France produced Ju-52's for a while as the Amiot AAC 1, and kept at least 50 Panthers in service with one of hteir armoured rregiments until 1950.

Probably anywhere that had German factories might have continued to produce something for a while?

thanks guys

stalin's organist

the ones produced in france were assembled from parts left over from the war or did the french have the ability to produce these vehicles from scratch(make all parts themselves)engines hulls etc. eg spain imported me109 fuslages from postwar germany for their version of me109. i am only interested in new build weapons or licenced produced weapons

At least 1 arty unit of the german army in '55 was issued Belgian carbines. Dunno about the cannons.

NCOs of my Coy claimed our units telex machines were the same as in WW2 (in 1988...). Our unit was attached as signal btn to a Corps-Level HQ, so I guess these machines were standard issue.

Guest Mike

Dog the Germans had a factory in France & the French just kept it going. Czech aircraft were all new production - although possibly the engines might have been wartime leftovers in both cases.