Uninstall option

Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

Thanks for the info, Firefly. So, will just deleting the CM folder remove everything like it did with CMBO? Or do you need to use the uninstall option to get rid of things outside the CM folder?

I don't know, to be honest, it depends if the installer set up stuff in other areas such as the registry, or shared dlls etc. I'd use the uninstall option to be on the safe side, unless BFC tell us something different.

You should now use the uninstaller that comes with the game to remove CMAK.

Unlike CMBO and CMBB, CMAK does make one small registry entry and that will allow us in the future to *hopefully* make any patches install without you having to tell it where CMAK is located.

You can also remove CMAK using Windows Add/Remove Programs feature in the control panel.

Madmatt

Wait a minute. My registry is getting bigger because I might forget where I installed CMAK if/when I patch it? (Do you really think that is going to happen for the majority of CMAK players? *grin*)

[ December 07, 2003, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: -E ]