MasterGoodale's threat of Cherry Waffle: Cameo Edition

So did your neighbors think they were moving to the Canadian Rockies or Alaska or the eighteenth century? It sounds like they're expecting to have to fight off marauding Indian war parties, when they're not busy grilling spaghetti. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sounds like maybe it's time for you and all the Snarkers to move on. I'd imagine your home is worth a lot more now than you paid for it. Move back out into the country.

[ March 24, 2004, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reccomend spreading caltrops liberally throughout the neighborhood. Especially in the yard of Mrs. Nimby. If you can't make them yourself, contact your local folk-art blacksmith. Most of them have mayhem in their hearts anyways, they just do artsy stuff because it is legal, and makes money.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Firefly:

I can hardly wait for the inevitable Bulge scenario; German troops rapidly harvesting wheat so that they can get extra reinforcements whilst the beleaguered GIs frantically chop wood to build better defences

And gold. Don't forget gold.

"Vee need more pickaxes!!" </font>

Originally posted by Dave H:

So did your neighbors think they were moving to the Canadian Rockies or Alaska or the eighteenth century? It sounds like they're expecting to have to fight off marauding Indian war parties, when they're not busy grilling spaghetti. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sounds like maybe it's time for you and all the Snarkers to move on. I'd imagine your home is worth a lot more now than you paid for it. Move back out into the country.

We're only here a little over a year. Many are hoping all these nudniks get tired of a 2 hr commute (one way) and move back out.

Speaking of bears.....

my boss went on vacation a few years back. Just himself, his truck, his tackle and a boat. He went to a provincial park that was 100 kms down a logging road. Totally natural setting. The yogies (park rangers) would fly in by boat plane to collect the park fees and check things out on occasion.

So Craig gets to the park very late, having misjudged how slowly he would have to drive on that "road."

He managed to pitch his tent and fall asleep.

The next morning he hears from beside his site:

"No more. Sorry Mr. Bear. Sorry. Look, see? No more."

He emerges from his tent to see an American woman*, hands out, telling a large black bear she didn't have anymore jam and bread.

She had been feeding it.

Craig got into his truck and, after the bear wandered back into the bush, asked the woman and her husband what the hell they were doing.

"Doing? We're feeding the bears. Just like our friends the next site over."

That night, when returning from fishing, Craig saw about a dozen bears on the lakeshore, about a kilometre from the main camp.

He slept in his truck and left first thing in the morning.

hiber_bearface.jpg

"No more. Sorry Mr. Bear. Sorry. Look, see? No more."

*This is no way constitutes a slur against my fine friends from down south. Of course, at the Tek Hotel in Kirkland Lake, there is a trout with white fur pasted all over it, mounted on the wall. The bartender says he's fooled plenty of American tourists with tales of the wily "Arctic Trout." tongue.gif

1. Intimate sores

2. Single-wide Trailers

3. Redneck Cops

4. Unresponsive Government

5. Red Dirt

6. Stereotypes that look bad in TV

7. Bad Beer (the worst)[remember Billy Beer?]

As much puss as a puss-munch could munch if a puss-munch could munch puss.

Originally posted by Firefly:

Aussie journalist, Clive James, once remaked that the hardest thing when he first came to Britain was adjusting to life in a country where the flora and fauna weren't actively trying to kill you.

LOL. The presence of table manners and lack of broken down washing machines sitting in back yards must have come as a bit of a shock, too.