MasterGoodale's threat of Cherry Waffle: Cameo Edition

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

Oddly enough, I get the same amount of turns from tAxe-my-patience whether he's a work or at home. :mad: :mad: tongue.gif

Oh no you don't! PBEM helper says you owe me a turn.

Don't.....question....the....helper.

Ever.

:mad:

Originally posted by Snarker:

Axe, did you receive 'Draw Boy' yet? I sent it plain text this time.

Yeah, but I've got a migraine that's just blown up in my frontal lobe in the last 30 minutes.

Sorry gents. No turns tonight.

Tomorrow, as they say, is another day...

...to slather.

Originally posted by rune:

Yes I will take credit for Clash of the Titans II. I see it is causing you much pain....excellent!

Rune

Yes, but the IS-3s blowing up a platoon of Brummbars and JagdPanthers gave me joy, as did a little ambush I pulled off sending ISU-122s under cover of a ridge to pop out and blast more JagdPanthers.

Turns out to all maggots last night. My pathetic company HQ and an equally pathetic platoon HQ both surrendered to Mike the Kiwi's glorious Kiwis in the same minute. GRARGHRAARGHRAR!! :mad: :mad: When we finish capturing Crete, those cowardly maggots will find themselves leading the attack on Moscow - or maybe Vladivostok.

Lurkur's flock of Panthers seem to all be hull down, waiting for me to expose more Shermans. One thing I have discovered - by sending a single Sherman into view, it draws simultaneous fire from all of the Panthers. Maybe he will run out of AP ammunition before I run out of Canadians. :D I'm still hoping for some air support, or at least some artillery. We are at least making his Nashorns uncomfortable.

The attorney maggot Becket (was that redundant?) continues to pummel the remnants of my infantry with his CS tanks and armored cars. I'm still pretty unhappy with the HMG crew that surrendered to him. All they were facing was a CS tank at about 150 meters, and they gave up! Shameful conduct. :eek:

Keke and his recon platoon aren't making much progress. It looks like he is trying to outflank me with his Sherman. The ground is so steep that once he gets the tank up a hill, there's no telling where he'll have to come back down. :rolleyes:

Teddy Windsor and I are in the middle of the Spaghetti Western scenario. The forces on both sides are small enough to make every unit irreplaceable. Naturally, the priceless armor on both sides is taking a beating. Good fun in the snow. :D

Nevermind seems to have disappeared. Anyone seen the low life? Just as my Soviets are ready to cut down his Germans in the swamp, he ducks out of the game. Or maybe I owe him a turn. I can't remember.

Axe, glad your migraine is better today. Are you sure you weren't out celebrating St. Patrick's Eve last night? Too much Guinness, maybe? Brilliant!

Originally posted by Dave H:

Axe, glad your migraine is better today. Are you sure you weren't out celebrating St. Patrick's Eve last night? Too much Guinness, maybe? Brilliant!

23606-6877.jpg

Nope, but I did take this picture as a promo for St. Paddy's earlier this week. (Way, way, way downsampled redface.gif )

Guess what happened to that beer? ;)

And, yes, she's taken. The bar hides eight-months of pregnancy. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Question -- where was this picture taken yesterday?

story.pa.snow.ap.jpg

Answer -- Snarker's home state.

Bwahahaha!!

Ah and as London bathes in the warm Spring sunshine, I think to myself I'm glad I don't live as far south as Snarker or Axe. Who said God wasn't an Englishman?

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

Anybody use Pavlov's Red Army GUI mod?

The read_me file slays me -- "Stalin says Read!"

Heh, yep. Glad the unis got fixed. smile.gif </font>

I rule in so many ways I don't know where to begin.

Okay, that's it. You've gone too far. Now I will have to relate the AAR of our last battle, the infamous "Trucks with Guns" quick battle. Axe, being the completely gamey maggot he is, selected the Axis side and purchased 5 or 6 flak trucks. Me, being the true blue good guy, purchased seven 2 lbr portees. The battlefield was about like the cross section of a trench - mountains on my side, a low plain, then more mountains on his side. The single VL was in the center of the plain.

The setup was critical, and won the game for me. Axe set his flack trucks up facing me, and behind cover. I set up my portees facing away from him, so the guns were already in semi-hull down firing positions.

The result was a slaughter. Each time one of Axe's flak trucks came out from behind cover, it began turning away to bring the gun to bear. In the meantime, my 2 lbrs ripped them to shreds. Final score - Allies 100, Axis nil. :eek: :eek:

Ready for the rematch? I haven't been able to find a scenario with the conditions you requested. Want to stick with scenarios, or do you want a QB? ;):D:D

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

23606-6877.jpg

Guess what happened to that beer? ;)

</font>