CMAK question?

Adamo

I currently own CMBB and I'm thinking about grabbing CMAK but I was wondering if, when installed, is CMAK like an entirely separate game. Meaning, if I'm playing CMBB and I want instead to play a scenario from CMAK, will I find all the scenarios from both games in CMBB or would I have to exit CMBB and run CMAK?

Just wondering!

thanks

adam

cmak is basically the same game as cmbb, just different countries, terrain, equipment.

battle and op files have different file extensions and cannot be interchanged.

because you need the cd in the drive to play either game, you need two drives or exit one game and start the other. theoretically with two drives you could start one game, minimize it, then start the other, but it might take a lot of computer to do that.

that being said, if you want to play the allies other than soviets, get cmak.

worth every dollar imho

Originally posted by junk2drive:

theoretically with two drives you could start one game, minimize it, then start the other, but it might take a lot of computer to do that.

No, CM is well-behaved and doesn't draw CPU when iconized.

The only resources taken up is virtual memory, which means swapfile.

Actually I find that CMAK is much improved over CMBB. They upped the ultra-slow vehicle turn rates (still too slow but bearable), a number of other delays have been pain-reduced, a lot of small details, forgot most of them as I stopped playing CMBB when I got CMAK.

And overall, since combat is more symmetric the game has an easier time to create a realistic simulation. If combat is asymmetric like it often was on the Eastern Front then one side is bound to tangle with some simulation aspect going wrong that the other side does not experience.