what voice files go with what wavs?

I have been looking at the sound files. I think I have figure out what voices are for what nation.

00030000+ =German

00040000+ =French

00050000+ =USA

00060000+ =Italy

00070000+ =South American

00080000+ =Brit

00090000+ =French

00100000+ =Canadian

Does anyone disagree??

I need to know for CMMOS purposes.

Mike

There are no South Americans in CMAK. ;)

Canadians share with USA (IIRC) as there is no 00100000 + WAV file.

From what I can tell, the British share WAV files with the South Africans, and Aussis.

They seem to be in the 00070000 + range and there does not appear to be a 00080000 range.

The others seem to be correct.

Oops, sorry it was a long day at working on txt files. I was getting punchy.

Obviously meant South Africans.

Anyway, there are 00100000 and 00080000 range wav files, at least on my PC. At first I thought the 0010000 was for US Army but then I found 00050000 and it sound "more" like US. SO I assumed taht the 0010000 was for Canada.

Then again maybe it is "used" in the game, but why would it be there? Some body at BFC, can you help???

MikeT

The British voices are definitely different from the 'Colonials'. The Aussies, New Zealanders and South African voices sound to be the same, and I'm pretty sure the Canadians share with the Americans. Trust me, an Aussie wouldn't be happy if you confused him with one of us Pommies. ;)

Well I tried looking up 00080000 AND 00100000 WAV; there is no such files in my WAV Folder. The British, Aussies and NZ seem to share WAVs on my Mac. Maybe there was less space on the Mac CD so its different? Seem odd.

[ March 15, 2004, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Unless my install didn't work properly I cannot think of why it would be different. I don't think that's the case since I never got any error messages. My WAV folder has 2,158 files already so I don't know why I would be missing any.

[ March 15, 2004, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Ah. Thats one thing I like about the Mac, it tells you how many files are in a folder. :D My folder is showing about 100MB less (334 MB). I have some mods in so that may make a difference. I wouldn't think it would be that much though. I might try reinstalling to see if I am missing some for some reason. Maybe another Mac user tell us how many files they have, and if they have the same issue that I do?

Again it could be a difference between the Mac and PC install.

[ March 16, 2004, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Originally posted by JonS:

PC Install: 2,834 wav files.

Yup. Same on mine, and I run a PC also. And yes, you can easily check this depending on which version of Windows your are running.

And yes, 104304 is the last .wav file in the folder.

102604, on a random check, sounded Australian, not Canadian. All of the ones in the 100000 and up range sound Australian, actually.

90000 and up sound Polish which you don't mention in the original post. You do mention the French twice, though.

80000 range is British as you indicate.

73102 complains "Bloody British Weaponry" so the 70000 range is Commonwealth of some sort. :D

[ March 16, 2004, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Wicky:

Mac Install (unwav modded) CMAK1.01

310.9 MB 319,228,309 bytes (extended disk format) for 2,155 items

Hmm, sounds like the Mac version has less sound files for some reason. I have three more than you do, but I do have some mods installed.

Surely if you have mods installed they should overwrite existing files not introduce new ones. Unless there is 'winter +50000' type wav system going on

But there does seem to be is a big significant difference between the number of mac and pc installed files.

BFC comment?

Originally posted by Panzerman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wicky:

Mac Install (unwav modded) CMAK1.01

310.9 MB 319,228,309 bytes (extended disk format) for 2,155 items

Hmm, sounds like the Mac version has less sound files for some reason. I have three more than you do, but I do have some mods installed. </font>

After listening to the WAVs, I reckon

70000+ = British

There are some thick British accents in there. That "Bloody British Weaponry" file, again has a British accent. These are unlikely to be from either South African, Australia or New Zealand

80000+ = Australian

Not a strong Australian accent, but most of them are suitably nasal enough to be Australian.

81800 has "strewth" in it = good Aussie slang

100000+ = New Zealand

Most of files here sound like the stuff I hear on local TV, a softer accent.

In all these groupings there are some that don't sound like they belong, but in general the files fit the groupings I've given

I couldn't find the South Africans or anything convincingly South African. The same with the Canadians.

Disclaimer: South African born, living in New Zealand. Not known for my musical ability (i.e. tone deaf)

I agree with Brizza- 'bloody british weaponry' has a definite British accent (and surrounding wavs- all sound far too southern for my liking), and the Aussie and Kiwi ones are pretty distinctive- but I've not heard any real South African accents. Good fighters though- give me a tommy gun over a sten any day!

Am very dissapointed to find no 00001640.wav file (damned cdv- dont even get me started), but if anyone could e-mail it to me out of curiosity, I would be most grateful. No obscene messages again please.

I am going with Brizza's work on this. I will have to redo things but that won't be too much of a problem.

This is for CMMOS. Which is in the final stages. I just have to finish up a few details and get the winter vehicle filelists finished up. Then I have to get everything zipped up so it works.

MikeT