Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

3rd Armored Division Marches on!!

HSG 3AD Mud, Blood and Mines has been posted to the Scenario Depot.

Come join the 3rd Armored Division as they drive across Europe. This fight takes place just outside Stolberg, Germany. For 2 months the Germans and Americans have been facing off on opposite sides of Hill 287. Now it's time to break the Roer River defenses.

This scenario is a bit different in many ways. I did telephone interviews with Belton Y. Cooper, the author of "Death Traps", along with the text from the book, to get the correct information for this fight.

This fight showsup as being huge on the battle listing but that is because of the amount of positional warfare points spent on things like trenches, bunkers, mines, etc...

This fight is also different because the Germans laid the minefield behind the front lines. The Americans knew that there was a minefield because they had seen cattle get killed in it.

I'm not giving spoilers away because the game is only to be played as Americans vs the AI.

One of my playtesters said that watching the battle unfold was like watching an action movie.

You will command a battalion of Sherman tanks with infantry support. Your mission is to break through the German trench lines and then drive your armor north off this bald hill as fast as you can.

This is only my second exit scenario. I normally don't like them, so I worked hard at making this one work. Many playtest hours have gone into this fight. I think you will find it the playtesters time well spent.

There are multiple ways to score. There are VL's worth 2000 points and enemy units destroyed can also help your score. BUT you better get these tanks off this hill or we'll lose this battle!! :mad:

You tough enough to take on the Mud, Blood and Mines? :confused:

We'll see... :D

Good Hunting.