Does CMAK Allow Panther Use?

Due to divided attention I haven't been able to give total attention to every thing of interest on the forum, but there seemed to be something about using CMAK for combat beyond North Africa. Like Italy and Sicily and units like Panthers (after the spring of 1943 and maybe up to spring 1944?).

Did I imagine this or did I miss something important (which wouldn't be the first time).

Thanks for helping me out on this.

Lorrin

Originally posted by rexford:

Due to divided attention I haven't been able to give total attention to every thing of interest on the forum, but there seemed to be something about using CMAK for combat beyond North Africa. Like Italy and Sicily and units like Panthers (after the spring of 1943 and maybe up to spring 1944?).

Did I imagine this or did I miss something important (which wouldn't be the first time).

Thanks for helping me out on this.

Lorrin

There is a CMAK scenario on The Proving Grounds being playtested that has a Panther in Normandy. The CMAK set will also model most parts of NW Europe. So yes the Panther is there. King Tigers, Hunting Tigers and VG units are not. Nor is the Pershing or Comet. None of these were used in the Med.

Panther Commander

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

For those interested in playtesting the Panther Scenario it is called HSG Barkmann's Corner. You can find it at The Proving Grounds.

http://www.garykrockover.com/cmbb/index.html

Panther Commander

http://www.the-proving-grounds.com is much easier to spell (it goes to the same place).

:D

I'm playing Barkmann's now in a pbem and will confirm that PC (aka Mad Russian) did an excellent job of recreating the Normandy look and feel in this one, including a true bocage atmosphere!

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

For those interested in playtesting the Panther Scenario it is called HSG Barkmann's Corner. You can find it at The Proving Grounds.

http://www.garykrockover.com/cmbb/index.html

Panther Commander

Thanks to all who pointed me towards the scenario site, it looks great!

Lost as the Germans at Barkmann's Corner, darn aircraft! Panther lost when it backed into a bomb crater and was immobilized, crew bailed out. Will test scenario more.

Really valuable stuff, appreciate the site alot.

Lorrin

Originally posted by manu1:

My CDV copy says on the back "Are you able to deploy thunderous tanks like Pershing, King Tiger or Firefly? Then you're the commander of choice for Combat Mission 3 - Africa Corps.

If they are not included this is a bit naughty don't you think?

CDV is a very naughty company hihihi

Monty