WIP *MOD*updated for new stuff

gautrek

I can't resist it.

As good as the stock graphics are they are not dirty and grimy enough for me.

So here goes my first WIP.

Its a L3/33.

I have dustied it up and added a bit of mudguard damage.

It also comes with optional unit markings.

l333front.jpg

l333.jpg

And it looks some much better with my dusty tracks added as well.

I may release this soon.

Or i may keep it till Crimbo and release all i have done then as a crimbo pressy :D

[ December 14, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: gautrek ]

That mod looks good. I believe that model used the 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton engine though, so it looks like you might be missing the recoil starter and the leaf bagger attachment. I've included a reference pic of the starter from Jentz and Doyle's "Small Garden Tillers and Riding Lawnmowers of the Second World War" if you decide to add it.

590746.jpg

Originally posted by atiff:

I read on another list that, after the Italians surrendered, there was some discussion about mounting these on the back of Panthers and Tigers for use as "lifeboats"

smile.gif

No, no, no. That was the Armor Mistel Project (known as "Amp"). The thinking was the L3 would hold the driver and aimer while mounted on the back of a Panther. The Amp would them make a high speed pass at the enemy and launch the panther after wiring the Panther's firing switch to "fire," thereby giving a continuous rate of fire. While the L3 would swoop off to one side or the other and return to base for re-arming. The lifeboat confusion came because many Italian crews waited until they were under fire before releasing the Panther and thus giving the impression of being a lifeboat. There were a couple of crew that became aces using the Amp. Their trick lay in their ability to finely tune the aim of the Panther so that it was an effective battering ram, causing much damage and the ensuing exchange of insurance paperwork would tie up the allies for hours (many of the allies did not even have their registration, much less proof of insurance in their tanks!).

Originally posted by Dressler:

That mod looks good. I believe that model used the 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton engine though, so it looks like you might be missing the recoil starter and the leaf bagger attachment. I've included a reference pic of the starter from Jentz and Doyle's "Small Garden Tillers and Riding Lawnmowers of the Second World War" if you decide to add it.

590746.jpg

Oh, that's gotta be up there for post of the year. :D