Disappearing Buildings in Scenario Editor

Dook

I'm trying to create a scenario and am having a rather odd problem. Starting with an auto-generated map, I am making drastic revisions. In some cases, however, the buildings that I have placed in the editor do not show up on the preview screen. They are clearly there in the editor. When I quit and reload, the buildings have disappeared from the editor screen too.

It's not all buildings, nor is it one specific type of building. I can't discern any rhyme or reason for it. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Check the elevation of not only where the building is, but the adjoining tiles around it. If there is a steep drop in elevations between where the building is and whats next to it then the building won't show on the screen, even though it shows in the editor.

Doesn't need to be steep. I elevation change is all it takes. You can have buildings next to slopes, but only if there are no adjacent buildings. That has been a limitation since CMBO

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kingfish:

Check the elevation of not only where the building is, but the adjoining tiles around it. If there is a steep drop in elevations between where the building is and whats next to it then the building won't show on the screen, even though it shows in the editor.

That has been a limitation since CMBO </font>

This can make it tough to represent both dense and hilly urban environments. Unfortunately, both were present together quite frequently in Italy. Fortunately, there are some workarounds. You can get away with 2-3 levels difference if you allow for a break between buildings. This can, once you get good at it, lend a nice terraced effect to towns.

Originally posted by von Lucke:

This has been a "bug" with the editor since CMBB.

Its not really a bug, it's just that the 2D editor portion does not realize that the player can and will place elevations that are too steep or cause too many irregularieties in the ground surface to place the buildings. It is not until you go into the 3D preview that this is realized.

Madmatt