FT-ness AARs - preferences?

JasonC

Gentlemen, on the thread about using flamethrowers Broken and I agreed to a pair of QBs with roles reversed, where he will use FTs when attacking and I will not. You can see that thread about the other conditions. I promised people in that thread they'd have AARs to read about how it goes.

What this thread is about, is how you'd all like to hear about it. We could obviously wait until the whole fight is over and then give you big AARs. But that could easily be a month or more (the games are set to be 45 turns).

The alternative would be running narratives while the fights are in progress. But in that case, we have to separate the discussions, so Broken and I can avoid info we aren't supposed to have.

Right now I am writing up what I think at each turn (force selection and set up, overall plan - so far), but not posting any of it. If nobody is interested, I will just keep doing that and sometime later you can read about it if you like. If you'd rather hear about it while it is happening, let us know.

(Obviously Broken would have to agree to any posting solution or I won't post things - we obviously would both refrain from looking).

Well, here is how it will be. Broken may write AARs at the end or may not. I will write them and post them during the battle. So you will see the fights only from my point of view - but since we are playing 2 at the same time, you still get 2 AARs. Or DARs I suppose ("during"). Broken obviously shouldn't read them. Everyone else is invited to. I'll start with what I have so far for the Russians, and post my German side later, probably tomorrow. (I have my log written, but haven't made up screen shots for that one).

I'll put these in separate threads labeled "FT-ness DAR" and my side - Russian, or German. Don't get confused and think they are opposites sides of the same game. They are both my side, of two different fights, with the same conditions but otherwise distinct.